Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg got that dog in him (2 Viewers)

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Haarberg/simms is reminding me of Will Howard & AM last year or a dozen other times coaches get blinded by physical traits. If Haarberg makes Satterfield more conservative then I think that gives us a better path to wins
Were we really more conservative, though? We had our most pass attempts during the season so far against NIU, and that will be one of the worst teams we play this year. I realize turnovers and such were a big reason that attempts may have been limited in the first two games, but I don't think the offense changed in any way with HH in. I think the game plan remained the same, it was just a combination of a single turnover and a lesser opponent that seemed to make it more successful.

I also want to make it clear I am taking nothing away from HH, we played well, but I don't think Satterfield really changed anything in this game as it seemed pretty similar to the Minnesota game, minus the 4 turnovers.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Were we really more conservative, though? We had our most pass attempts during the season so far against NIU, and that will be one of the worst teams we play this year. I realize turnovers and such were a big reason that attempts may have been limited in the first two games, but I don't think the offense changed in any way with HH in. I think the game plan remained the same, it was just a combination of a single turnover and a lesser opponent that seemed to make it more successful.

I also want to make it clear I am taking nothing away from HH, we played well, but I don't think Satterfield really changed anything in this game as it seemed pretty similar to the Minnesota game, minus the 4 turnovers.
It was late when I watched but I thought some of the throws were more conservative.

Im mostly thinking if Haarberg’s limitations lead to Satterfield to look for more conservative options/throws vs thinking Simms arm having nfl potential & calling plays like he can attack every open space of coverage will give us a better formula to getting wins. Even Haarberg understanding his limitations & leaning into what he is will be better than the Adrian Martinez type who is lying to themselves thinking they’re an nfl QB.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Haarberg
Over 20 yards - 6/22%
10-20 - 4/15%
0-10 - 12/44%
Behind LOS - 5/19%

Throw away - 3

Sims
Over 20 yards - 3/9%
10-20 - 17/52%
0-10 - 10/30%
Behind LOS - 3/9%

Throw away - 4

Not sure if I'd call that more or less conservative. Less for Haarberg in the 10-20 range but more 20+.

whoboppin

Linebacker
It was late when I watched but I thought some of the throws were more conservative.

Im mostly thinking if Haarberg’s limitations lead to Satterfield to look for more conservative options/throws vs thinking Simms arm having nfl potential & calling plays like he can attack every open space of coverage will give us a better formula to getting wins. Even Haarberg understanding his limitations & leaning into what he is will be better than the Adrian Martinez type who is lying to themselves thinking they’re an nfl QB.
I think Haarberg was being very cognizant of not turning the ball over as well. There were times in the game where for a split second you could tell he was thinking about throwing it and then decided to tuck it and run instead of taking the risk. Simms could use a touch of that. Understand your game situations.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
showed he can sling it at least decently tonight.
H2 should be our guy I think...

But he absolutely isn't a very good passer, at least further than 10 yards. He's got the arm strength but just about every throw down field was way off.

What he does provide is what we need this year. Someone who can muster some points and not make the super costly play.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
H2 should be our guy I think...

But he absolutely isn't a very good passer, at least further than 10 yards. He's got the arm strength but just about every throw down field was way off.

What he does provide is what we need this year. Someone who can muster some points and not make the super costly play.

I do at least appreciate that all of his downfield misses were on the WR side and never risked a pick.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Was it intentional though? Or just lucky his inaccuracy went that way?

I don't know which answer is better TBH...being too afraid to throw close to the receiver or can't hit him.

Good question
The two that come to mind, he missed in the spot that seemed intentional but hard to tell. He threw one deep shot to I believe Tommy hill where it was just a bit out of reach on the sideline side that was the perfect place to put the ball.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds