Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Opening line - Illini

I know you’re not making this point, but The true freshman talking point with Dylan doesn’t apply.

Take your pick of any QB at Nebraska over the last 15 years or so at any point in their career and I’m still probably taking Dylan this year.

Think about this…

If Dylan throws that ball to Lloyd that got intercepted another yard or two either to the sideline or out in front of Lloyd he catches that and houses it. Then Dylan finishes 18-23 for 320ish yards and 3 TDs.
Did Lloyd high point the ball on that interception? I have not re-watched but it looked like he did not. I could be wrong.

Did Lloyd high point the ball on that interception? I have not re-watched but it looked like he did not. I could be wrong.

Lloyd did not. But he actually had to slow down to get to it. Still probably should have been a catch or an incompletion. But the other kid made a play. If you put that play into a computer simulation it likely doesn’t play out that way around 95% of the time.

Dylan under threw the ball, plain and simple. Lloyd ain’t out there to high point balls. He's out there to run fast and beat guys.

Dylan has flaws and makes bad throws sometimes, that’s Ok to point out. He needs to stop putting so much air under every throw.
I disagree with “plain and simple”. Perhaps it was slightly under thrown, but Lloyd practically caught the ball with weak effort and the defender ripped it away from him. Nothing “plain and simple” about blaming DR for a pass he threw that was very catchable.

Lloyd did not. But he actually had to slow down to get to it. Still probably should have been a catch or an incompletion. But the other kid made a play. If you put that play into a computer simulation it likely doesn’t play out that way around 95% of the time.
DR doesn’t seem like the guy that makes the same mistake twice. Only other ball he probably wanted back was fidone was wide open and he tried to check it to Bonner.

Dylan under threw the ball, plain and simple. Lloyd ain’t out there to high point balls. He's out there to run fast and beat guys.

Dylan has flaws and makes bad throws sometimes, that’s Ok to point out. He needs to stop putting so much air under every throw.
Would rather have him throw touch passes vs rocketing it off our o-lines head

If Lloyd has to put effort into actually being a wr it’s probably not going to get caught.

people saying he should have high pointed are forgetting Lloyd isn’t that type of wr.
He avgs 40+ ypc because his sole purpose it to run fast and get open.
He had his man beat and Raiola under threw him. If it’s to Neyor it’s probably a completion. Have to know the wr you are throwing to

I disagree with “plain and simple”. Perhaps it was slightly under thrown, but Lloyd practically caught the ball with weak effort and the defender ripped it away from him. Nothing “plain and simple” about blaming DR for a pass he threw that was very catchable.
It’s OK to critique Dylan. Bad throw. Lloyd ain’t the guy you’re throwing 50/50 balls to and you’re asking too much of him to win 50/50 balls. It’s OK to admit he’s still pretty one dimensional receiver too.

It’s OK to critique Dylan. Bad throw. Lloyd ain’t the guy you’re throwing 50/50 balls to and you’re asking too much of him to win 50/50 balls. It’s OK to admit he’s still pretty one dimensional receiver too.

I've rewatched it a couple of time. It wasn't a "bad throw." It was ill-advised. I think the staff and Raiola are trying to force the ball to Lloyd, and it will come if they just use some patience.

1. Carter Nelson ran a delayed route where he pretended to block and then released after about 2 seconds. He was open in the flat on the weak side of the field. The LB responsible for covering Nelson, was 12 yards off of him. If the ball is thrown to Carter, he takes that catch 20 yards before any defender has an angle. Its either 1st and 10 at the 30 or Carter probably makes a Safety miss and ends up at the 50.

2. Fidone and Banks were both open in the middle of the field.

The staff needs to reset a bit and understand that teams are putting a ton of focus on Lloyd running any vertical route. They need to either use him as a decoy and kill opponents underneath or find another true deep threat who can get behind the defense.

I've rewatched it a couple of time. It wasn't a "bad throw." It was ill-advised. I think the staff and Raiola are trying to force the ball to Lloyd, and it will come if they just use some patience.

1. Carter Nelson ran a delayed route where he pretended to block and then released after about 2 seconds. He was open in the flat on the weak side of the field. The LB responsible for covering Nelson, was 12 yards off of him. If the ball is thrown to Carter, he takes that catch 20 yards before any defender has an angle. Its either 1st and 10 at the 30 or Carter probably makes a Safety miss and ends up at the 50.

2. Fidone and Banks were both open in the middle of the field.

The staff needs to reset a bit and understand that teams are putting a ton of focus on Lloyd running any vertical route. They need to either use him as a decoy and kill opponents underneath or find another true deep threat who can get behind the defense.
Rhule literally said they threw that route on purpose. He said you’ve got to put on film that you’re willing to take that shot against quarters otherwise b10 defenses will eat you alive.

Lloyd should have grabbed the ball and snatched it. I guarantee you he got absolutely obliterated yesterday in film.

I didn’t have a voice at all until like Wednesday after the CU game. Idk if I can do that again 😂
Yell from your diaphragm instead of your voice box.

A simple way to conceptualize it is for the sound to be at the same tone/sound as what your voice is when you talk....PLUS it projects better. Typically a much lower tone if you're a man. And you walk away from the game with your voice completely intact.

Last edited:
Illini running game ain't as bad as Colorado's but it's still pretty weak. UNI's #1 RB has twice as many yards this year as Illinois #1, and UNI's #2 guy has 50 more yards. Their OL hasn't been too hot, either. We won't be able to pin our ears back quite as much as we did against Colorado, but I don't see their offense giving us much trouble.

A lot of their fans are pinning their hopes on "Raiola's a true freshman" as we'll hear a lot this year. They're definitely the best defense we've seen so far, but I don't think they'll put up any more than what Dylan's already seen from going against our defense in practice.
This is pretty much my exact thoughts too. This has the feel of a 27-13 game...but doesn't feel like only 2 possessions. I think we control the game yet again.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back