Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Opening line - Illini

So a muffed punt is on the ground.
Player from kicking team has it deflect off of him into the end zone.
Receiving team recovers and is down.
Touchback?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it. So asking for information purposes.
Wouldn’t a muffed punt just make it a live ball? And then it is like any other fumble?

The kicking team trying to recover it and botches it into the end zone (which would be backward for the receiving team since you can’t fumble forward). Receiving team dives on the live ball in the end zone, so it is a touchback.

Isn’t this the same thing on kickoffs where if the receiving team doesn’t field it clean and it goes into the end zone, they can still take a knee for a touchback?

Illini running game ain't as bad as Colorado's but it's still pretty weak. UNI's #1 RB has twice as many yards this year as Illinois #1, and UNI's #2 guy has 50 more yards. Their OL hasn't been too hot, either. We won't be able to pin our ears back quite as much as we did against Colorado, but I don't see their offense giving us much trouble.

A lot of their fans are pinning their hopes on "Raiola's a true freshman" as we'll hear a lot this year. They're definitely the best defense we've seen so far, but I don't think they'll put up any more than what Dylan's already seen from going against our defense in practice.

Last edited:
Illini running game ain't as bad as Colorado's but it's still pretty weak. UNI's #1 RB has twice as many yards this year as Illinois #1, and UNI's #2 guy has 50 more yards. Their OL hasn't been too hot, either. We won't be able to pin our ears back quite as much as we did against Colorado, but I don't see their offense giving us much trouble.

A lot of their fans are pinning their hopes on "Raiola's a true freshman" as we'll hear a lot this year. They're definitely the best defense we've seen so far, but I don't think they'll put up any more than what Dylan's already seen from going against our defense in practice.

I like that!

GBR

I know you’re not making this point, but The true freshman talking point with Dylan doesn’t apply.

Take your pick of any QB at Nebraska over the last 15 years or so at any point in their career and I’m still probably taking Dylan this year.

Think about this…

If Dylan throws that ball to Lloyd that got intercepted another yard or two either to the sideline or out in front of Lloyd he catches that and houses it. Then Dylan finishes 18-23 for 320ish yards and 3 TDs.

Stop the IL run game, and it’s a long night for their O. The OL has had fits picking up blitzes and with communication so far. The crowd can make their jobs even tougher this week, but I look for White to exploit those issues for sure.

I feel more comfortable with this game than the one against UNI. UNI's big RB's and offensive line gave me some concerns for our only 3-4 defensive rushing front.

With that said, I really do not think is Illinois as tough as their record. As some mentioned it, Kansas gave the game away to them. Well played by Illinois, but still, KU gave them the game.

Since it is a home game and have all week to get ready while Illinois loses one day to travel in a way, then I think we'll be ready to go Friday night.

I didn’t have a voice at all until like Wednesday after the CU game. Idk if I can do that again 😂
Same. People I work with are gonna think I'm a psycho if I show up the following Monday not being able to speak again. It's not ideal when 75% of your time is spent on conference calls.

It was hard to explain it to people at work but like my nervous system felt fried till yeah about Wednesday after the game lol
i left everything i had out there, my chest burned all week. it was like i played in the game
It was hard for me to tell if it was the hangover or just because I put so much stress on my body at the game, probably a combination of both but yeah I felt pretty bad until atleast Wednesday..

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back