Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Opening line - Illini

I don't share the confidence that Nebraska will win this comfortably. I do think Nebraska will win but I don't like 8.5. I will.admit I have not watched UI in either of their 3 games this year.

I guess I have Bielema PTSD. I know he hates Nebraska. And I know he was absolutely furious about their loss to us last year. He said it was the single most frustrating game he's had in 15 yrs of coaching. And I know this bc he continually went back to talking about that NU loss even as the season went on. I saw a presser he did in like November last yr and he still brought up the NU loss LOL.

Whatever Illinois has, we'll get their best shot. Remember, we played on the road last yr in this FRI game after getting beat up by Michigan and we looked way the fresher team. It's a mental thing this early in the season - teams aren't beat up yet. They can absolutely come in here and play well & I almost guarantee they will.bc Bielema is a good coach and I guarantee you he's had this one circled.

I like Nebraska to win, I don't like the 8.5.

IMG_1775.jpeg

Watched the KU-Illinois game and I must say Kansas incompetently blew that game away.

They had a pick-6 on a WR screen pass.

Illinois muffed a punt into a KU defender. The ball went into the end zone and Illinois recovered that ball. I guess the rule on that is that once the ball has been touched by the kicking team and it goes into the end zone the receiving team can recover the ball and it’s a touchback rather than a safety? 🤷 That’s what the ruling was.

This Illinois team isn’t better than us. Have a good week of prep, stop reading your press clippings, and go win the game by two TDs.

A muff doesn't change the status of the ball. In layman's terms that means the kicking team is still "in possession" of the ball until receiving team has clear possession of the ball.

For the first time in a long time it feels like Memorial Stadium and playing at home has given us a boost. Past few years it had an opposite effect where you could feel the tension and stress from fans in the stadium which permeated down to the play on the field. It feels like a hostile environment and absolute snake pit for teams to come into this year and gives our guys added superpowers. Rhule has really turned around the attitude of the program and fans.

For the first time in a long time it feels like Memorial Stadium and playing at home has given us a boost. Past few years it had an opposite effect where you could feel the tension and stress from fans in the stadium which permeated down to the play on the field. It feels like a hostile environment and absolute snake pit for teams to come into this year and gives our guys added superpowers. Rhule has really turned around the attitude of the program and fans.
Idk if it’s possible to re-create Colorado this Friday night, but we sure as hell need to try our best to

Idk if it’s possible to re-create Colorado this Friday night, but we sure as hell need to try our best to
Colorado was the dark side of the force at work.
Star Wars Hate GIF

They’ll give us their best shot

We should still win this by two touchdowns

A muff doesn't change the status of the ball. In layman's terms that means the kicking team is still "in possession" of the ball until receiving team has clear possession of the ball.

So a muffed punt is on the ground.
Player from kicking team has it deflect off of him into the end zone.
Receiving team recovers and is down.
Touchback?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it. So asking for information purposes.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back