Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Omar (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If true and continues down this path will eventually lead to some player disconnect and Culture problems again. Hopefully doesn't go that far. Obviously, Omar is a freak athlete that plays reciever (allegedly, still need to see him on the fuckin field). Can we not have a couple early plays designed to get him easy, early touches? If he's that freakish of an athlete but has mental problems that lead to confidence issues if he has one bad play.....just give him 2 early chances in the game. If it doesn't go well and he folds, put the next freak out there.
More talented players always get a longer leash just about everywhere. I just laugh when coaches talk about building a culture and recruiting only high character guys. Every team has knuckleheads.

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
View attachment 4556

No longer GAF… no player is bigger than a team, and no players is irreplaceable. Move on…addition by subtraction.

Fair enough and I agree with your take. I give you Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peter, Fabian Washington and Johnny Rogers. With those names said I also understand they had already shown their potential on the field compared to Omar only being a myth at this point. Those players at that time were in a way better program with obviously a winning culture. Maybe Scott is rolling the dice here because he knows the potential and needs the possible stats and outcome Omar can provide?

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
There’s also a bit of a difference between trying to help keep a guy who seems to be well-liked but has struggled with mental health on the field compared to ignoring the behavior of a guy like Maurice Washington who is just a bad human being.
Ok. I never made those comparisons though. Not fully understanding what you're saying to me.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Fair enough and I agree with your take. I give you Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peter, Fabian Washington and Johnny Rogers. With those names said I also understand they had already shown their potential on the field compared to Omar only being a myth at this point. Those players at that time were in a way better program with obviously a winning culture. Maybe Scott is rolling the dice here because he knows the potential and needs the possible stats and outcome Omar can provide?

The only thing we know about Omar is that hes a football player on the team who struggled and struggles with severe depression and anxiety.

Last year with Covid, the political climate, and the racial issues the country was having was simply not an environment for a kid like Omar to succeed.

I’m extremely glad he was here and he took advantage of the resources that Nebraska has. Had he still been at a juco or even a less resourced D1, he may have gotten lost in the wash. Dr Brett deserves a raise for her work with the team. She’s extremely good at what she does.

I don’t know if he’s got a different set of rules. I’m sure if a guy can miss a practice for an undisclosed reason and then not miss a beat the next day and get reps it creates the appearance he’s got a different set of rules.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Ok. I never made those comparisons though. Not fully understanding what you're saying to me.

The comparison was made on this board. I know it wasn’t you, but that comparison was way out of line and way off base. Mo tried to fight his captain his first year, committed a crime that he did jail time for, asked if he could play CB because “our OL sucks,” was objectively a terrible teammate, and took about two years away from football because nobody else in the nation wanted him.

SantaBarbaraSker

Linebacker
tPB OG

Hey, I’m not a purist…play the felon (I realize Omar is not a felon)…DGAF…but they half to want to put in the effort, or GTFO.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
Unless I’m mistaken I see two catches for this guy in the stat line.

Did he look like a shitty teammate while making them?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds