Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official UTEP Game Day Thread

He just runs so stiff, which I get is normal for a TE but even more so. More of a seem route to beat a linebacker kind of guy. Leave those screens out in the flat for a guy like Carter Nelson who looked super fluid. Man when he packs on 20-25 pounds and can block, those little plays we were trying to feed to fidone are going to be dangerous with Nelson.
I'd have to go back to his high school film to see if that is just how he runs or if it is from the knee surgeries but it doesn't look very smooth. I'm sure the coaches have a plan for him just didn't materialize today. Best of luck to him he's been through a lot.

Did Tommy Hill’s cover even get a target today?
Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

He just runs so stiff, which I get is normal for a TE but even more so. More of a seem route to beat a linebacker kind of guy. Leave those screens out in the flat for a guy like Carter Nelson who looked super fluid. Man when he packs on 20-25 pounds and can block, those little plays we were trying to feed to fidone are going to be dangerous with Nelson.
Yeah, I'd rather see him on the playaction pass where he has a LB or S chasing him. He looks terrible on those TE Arrow plays: he's wonky, slow, and a huge target for tacklers to tee off on.

He blocked pretty well today and is an important player for the team but needs to be used in a more coherent fashion.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd rather see him on the playaction pass where he has a LB or S chasing him. He looks terrible on those TE Arrow plays: he's wonky, slow, and a huge target to tee off on him.

He blocked pretty well today and is an important player for the team but needs to be used in a more coherent fashion.

I'm not a fan of TE targets 5 yards behind the LOS. Fidone was likely a step or two quicker pre knee injuries. At this point, scrap the Fidone bubble passes. IF we are going to do that, Carter Nelson looks a bit more athletic. I see Nelson getting a lot of touches this season after seeing him play today.

Fidone and all TE's - we need to have better play scheming where those guys are running drag routes, etc. Not that we have a Travis Kelce, but just take a page out of almost any NFL teams play books on how to use TE's properly. TE receiving threats and routes can be a huge weapon, but the plays and schemes need to be there to do that. I realize we didn't show nearly our whole hand today.

I'm not a fan of TE targets 5 yards behind the LOS. Fidone was likely a step or two quicker pre knee injuries. At this point, scrap the Fidone bubble passes. IF we are going to do that, Carter Nelson looks a bit more athletic. I see Nelson getting a lot of touches this season after seeing him play today.

Fidone and all TE's - we need to have better play scheming where those guys are running drag routes, etc. Not that we have a Travis Kelce, but just take a page out of almost any NFL teams play books on how to use TE's properly. TE receiving threats and routes can be a huge weapon, but the plays and schemes need to be there to do that. I realize we didn't show nearly our whole hand today.
Aaaaaaand I think you know a thing or two about how to play/use TE. Agree bigly.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back