Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Basketball Official Nebrasketball 23/24 Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Cowboy Kermit

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Nebrasketball

@Cowboy Kermit What is the tea on this kid? From being a box score observer, he seems like a steal, especially from Wisconsin.

Kid is legit. Still have no idea how he wound up committed here right under Wisconsin’s nose, but I won’t ask too many questions.

Believe he’s above 40% from 3 this season

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Kid is legit. Still have no idea how he wound up committed here right under Wisconsin’s nose, but I won’t ask too many questions.

Believe he’s above 40% from 3 this season
I saw his stats the other day. This year he's averaging 32 PPG and for his 4 year high school career he's shooting 46% from 3. I saw an interview he did when he signed. He said he loves Hoiberg's offense and that when he came here on an official visit it felt like home to him.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think he did the same last off season but I would agree. I hope some day @Cowboy Kermit can tell us what all happened there
It’s my understanding that he just wasn’t very good. Basically a recruiting miss because he played on an all-star team so he looked far better than what he did. He also didn’t play much for his high school team.

Where he transfers after this year will show that imo.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Ramel Lloyd RTing old clips of him that were originally posted by him.

he gone
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It’s my understanding that he just wasn’t very good. Basically a recruiting miss because he played on an all-star team so he looked far better than what he did. He also didn’t play much for his high school team.

Where he transfers after this year will show that imo.
Yeah I think we overrated since him since he played w Bronny at a powerhouse school

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Watching games that are so poorly produced and officiated is ridiculous.

The big ten spends zero money on TV production and officials and it’s clear that won’t be changing

With respect to officiating, I completely agree with you. It is so unbalanced and downright pathetic at times. About TV production, what do you mean? Like how Bardo was agreeing with every call for NW last night?

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
With respect to officiating, I completely agree with you. It is so unbalanced and downright pathetic at times. About TV production, what do you mean? Like how Bardo was agreeing with every call for NW last night?
That was extremely odd last night. And the fact that he had no idea Keisei had done that same celebration, twice, in big moments (Purdue and game-winner against NW).

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The NET is such a joke.

How are the likes of Villanova, Xavier, etc... still in the top 50 of the NET? Meanwhile, South Carolina is beating top teams and they're 41 in the NET.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

Every time I turn on BTN or BTN+ I feel like a 17 year old kid is trying their hand at video production and this is their first draft.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Brother, I wish I had any remote idea.
It’s been just a wild deal that nobody knows.

I can remember them posting pictures out to dinner with King Gerrod setting up NIL.

Then out of the blue before the first game last year they randomly come out and say he is redshirting. I think everybody thought he would be right in the portal but somehow he stuck around for a similar situation to happen again this year. Like @BushAK said though, maybe it’s just a clear recruiting miss.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s been just a wild deal that nobody knows.

I can remember them posting pictures out to dinner with King Gerrod setting up NIL.

Then out of the blue before the first game last year they randomly come out and say he is redshirting. I think everybody thought he would be right in the portal but somehow he stuck around for a similar situation to happen again this year. Like @BushAK said though, maybe it’s just a clear recruiting miss.

It is a strange situation, for sure. This team really could use a true PG to distribute. Mast is their best distributor, and if he is not having a good game, this team really struggles.

Lots of people have bagged on Jamarques Lawrence, and he has struggled for sure, but PG is not a great fit for him. I really think Ulis would have been a nice piece this year, but the NCAA would rather bench gamblers than alleged rapists.

What is the deal with Jarron Coleman? I am not sure he has played since Oregon State. I thought he led Ball State in assists last year. Maybe he just couldn't adapt to the B1G level.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It is a strange situation, for sure. This team really could use a true PG to distribute. Mast is their best distributor, and if he is not having a good game, this team really struggles.

Lots of people have bagged on Jamarques Lawrence, and he has struggled for sure, but PG is not a great fit for him. I really think Ulis would have been a nice piece this year, but the NCAA would rather bench gamblers than alleged rapists.

What is the deal with Jarron Coleman? I am not sure he has played since Oregon State. I thought he led Ball State in assists last year. Maybe he just couldn't adapt to the B1G level.
Coleman was a late add for a reason. He did do pretty good at Ball State, but when he was at Mizzou he was awful. I just don't think he's a P5 guy. Plus he doesn't come off as a great attitude guy either.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds