Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Basketball Official Nebrasketball 23/24 Season Thread (1 Viewer)

redzoner

Cornerback

Nebraska still lacks quality road wins​

Nebraska came from 16-points down at the half on Thursday to beat No. 2 seed Wisconsin at home. The Cornhuskers now have two wins over top-10 teams on their home floor this season. However, the NCAA Tournament is not played on their home floor and they could not play there if it was.

One thing the selection committee particularly values is the ability to beat quality opposition off the home floor. Wins at neutral sites or on the road against good teams are a must for teams to get at-large bids. The best win away from home for Nebraska this season came Dec. 17 at Kansas State, a borderline tournament team. The Cornhuskers are a No. 9 seed in the updated bracket.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I agree that we need to win a road game, but I think these “experts” are underestimating the droves and droves of Nebrasketball fans that would go to a game if they make the tournament. The place would be PBA, Jr.

I know just from the small amount of people I’ve talked to, most said they would be going if a tournament birth happens.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I completely agree. NU probably should have won those two games, just as Wisconsin squandered an 18-point lead last night and lost. Its CBB; these things happen...a lot.

In my opinion, Nebraska's primary goal should be making it to the tournament. Once you're there, anything can happen.
My biggest gripe with this team from the few games I’ve watched is that they give up to many offensive rebounds by not properly blocking out. I hope they do make to big dance and make some noise, but would feel better if they figured out what’s causing the road woes. Maybe it’s the hotel chain they are staying in with shitty beds.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wish Fred and Co. could have locked up Hunter Sallis outta the Portal. Hunter is lighting up my Syracuse Orange in First Half.
I think Hunter would be great in Fred’s offense.
And I was roommates with his older brother, Brad, at UNL back in 2010 or so. So one brother chose correctly at least

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds