Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Basketball Official Nebrasketball 23/24 Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'd take the BIG tourney championship over 1 game in the tourney. That's a banner and probably carries a bit more weight into the off-season.

Win 2 tourney games and get to week 2 and that is a different answer.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'd take the BIG tourney championship over 1 game in the tourney. That's a banner and probably carries a bit more weight into the off-season.

I'm not sure you're in the minority. Just in the "incorrect answer" category.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

Does the B1G regular season champ get a banner too?

That's a hell of a hypothetical. NU desperately needs respect in the B1G among our men's sports. But we also desperately need a NCAA win.

You have to go w NCAA win due to our history. But a B1G mens hoops tourney banner would be pretty fuckin big for our athletic dept. We need some of that.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sparty wins. 3 seed on the line on Sunday.
Typically always helpful to move up in the pecking order, but it's all about matchups and I haven't seen a projected bracket.

Can anyone share the projections/possibilities.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Typically always helpful to move up in the pecking order, but it's all about matchups and I haven't seen a projected bracket.

Can anyone share the projections/possibilities.
If we don’t win on Sunday, I believe we would drop to the 6 and lose the double-bye.

3 seed means if you win the first game on Friday you just avoid Purdue in the semis.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I guess a lot of this is ASSUMING Wisconsin loses to Purdue. A 3-way tie between Wisconsin, NW, and us somehow leans the way of Wisconsin.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is this correct?

It does not matter what Wisconsin does against Purdue, as they hold tiebreakers over NU & NW. All that matters is what NW does tomorrow against Minn. If NW wins, NU has to win against UM. If NW loses, it doesn't matter what NU does against UM.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Is this correct?

It does not matter what Wisconsin does against Purdue, as they hold tiebreakers over NU & NW. All that matters is what NW does tomorrow against Minn. If NW wins, NU has to win against UM. If NW loses, it doesn't matter what NU does against UM.
I think we would have a better conference record than Wisky if they lose against Purdue and we beat Michigan right?

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Is this correct?

This sounds right, except Cockeye. Cockeye could make things interesting if they win I think

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds