Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Basketball Official Nebrasketball 23/24 Season Thread (4 Viewers)

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I guess I'm having a hard time picturing it not being injury related. Majority of us thought we were losing him for the season - now we're surprised he's missing a few games? I'm sure they don't want (don't kill me) the KD situation to arise with Gary. Hell, I had no idea he suffered the same injury before they left for Spain.

It sounds like he's been awful lucky (relatively, I know he's suffered two season-enders) with his calf/Achilles.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
We need Kansas St. to figure it out. 3 straight losses and now they have dropped down to a quad 2 win. (83rd and they need to be in top 75)

Purdue, Michigan St, Kansas St, and Wisconsin need as many wins as possible for the rest of the season.
Would be better if Fred can learn how to win on the road against shit teams.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Here's our remaining schedule:

1706890390719.png

Got 3 relatively easy home games. One moderate. One road game against a bad team, 2 road games that are possibilities, 2 that are tall orders.

Go 5-4 in that stretch (probably the most likely scenario IMO), and we're 21-10 overall, and 11-9 in the conference (probably 6-7 seed), which pits us against the 10 or 11 in the B1G tournament before advancing to play the 3 or 4. Say we go 1-1, we're now 22-11, and 2 games above .500 in conference play.

Looking at historical bracketology, that would generally be good for a 7-8 type seed in the big dance, and it would be a major outlier snub to exclude us. It's Nebrasketball, though, so who knows what the committee would do. Win 6 of the remaining regular season games or 2 in the conference tourney, and I feel really good.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fun fact I just learned: there is only 1 team in the entire B1G conference with a losing record at home (Michigan 4-6). The next worse home record is 8-3 by Cockeye. On the other hand, only Purdue has a winning record on the road at 4-2. Otherwise the next best is Illinois at 3-3. As painful to watch as we have been on the road, we've gotta keep in mind we aren't the only team going through that in the league. This league is considered premier for a reason.

Now let's hope we can buck the trend and get 1-2 of these road games into the W column to lock up a tourney spot before the conference tournament.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Crazy stat I saw that should help us with the committee. The win percentage the last 5 years for a ranked team on the road against an unranked team is like .740. This year it's only .460. So even ranked teams are having problems on the road. Although if we go winless on the road in conference play that's another story.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Crazy stat I saw that should help us with the committee. The win percentage the last 5 years for a ranked team on the road against an unranked team is like .740. This year it's only .460. So even ranked teams are having problems on the road. Although if we go winless on the road in conference play that's another story.

As of February 2nd, there are currently only 12 high major teams with a winning record on the road. Of those 12 high major teams, only 9 of them have winning road record in their own league road games.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
or, put another way, our best two wins are less impressive than ever

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
What constitutes a "shit" team?
I mean we blew a 17 point lead in the second half to MN and lost to a mediocre Rutgers team. I would hate to qualify for the tournament just to lose in the first round. Maybe it’s me having higher expectations and not just settling.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

JX9bMbU.png

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
real question: what is more accurate for bracketology RPI, NET or KenPom?

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean we blew a 17 point lead in the second half to MN and lost to a mediocre Rutgers team. I would hate to qualify for the tournament just to lose in the first round. Maybe it’s me having higher expectations and not just settling.

I completely agree. NU probably should have won those two games, just as Wisconsin squandered an 18-point lead last night and lost. Its CBB; these things happen...a lot.

In my opinion, Nebraska's primary goal should be making it to the tournament. Once you're there, anything can happen.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds