Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Basketball Rules Official? (1 Viewer)

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
I encountered this in a youth game and was the table scorekeeper and didn't know the correct ruling. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Scenario -
The first half had ended and a coach was discussing a no-call with an official. The official gave the coach a Technical Foul for how the discussion went.

Questions -
1. What half do you attribute the Technical Foul too, if necessary? Is this NOT considered a team foul?
2. Should the FTs be taken prior to the official halftime break or should they be shot prior to beginning the second half?
3. How does possession work? Does the team shooting FTs remain possession or does it go to the alternating possession of the half?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm going to guess before someone smarter answers.

Not a team foul.
Doesn't matter if it's attributed to 1st or 2nd half.
Free throws shot before starting 2nd half (after halftime)
Possession isn't affected

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
@alt f4 do your officiating powers cross over into basketball?

I'm too scared of the fans in basketball. Football I'm in the middle of field 50+ yards from fans. If a player talks shit in football I just tell him I'll kick his ass in the middle of the field.

Basketball and baseball I had zero interest in getting into.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm too scared of the fans in basketball. Football I'm in the middle of field 50+ yards from fans. If a player talks shit in football I just tell him I'll kick his ass in the middle of the field.

Ump vs coach arguments in baseball are the absolute best though.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m about 95% sure it’s a dead ball technical. No team fouls are accessed and opposing team shoots free throws at the beginning of the second half.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

had some brandy with Fred talkin about this, agree with you Bobby

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I don’t know why but every time I see this thread I think of that classic film Baseketball

MV5BMmZjZDg2ZjItYTVkNC00YWRmLThmZTMtNTYxNTI5MWM4NjU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Ump vs coach arguments in baseball are the absolute best though.
The best line I ever dropped was telling a Lincoln AA coach that I didn't think the game was on TV so unless he wanted to watch it from the parking lot he should STFU.

Those "select team" coaches from Lincoln were mostly douchebags.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds