Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official Nebraska vs Illinois prediction thread

38-17 NU.

Nebraska scores 21 in the 1st half and 17 in the 2nd.

Rhule said mazooka is available this weekend just won’t start

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Illinois
Defense:
Bad on 3rd down. TFLs are below average. Rushing defense allows 4.2/carry. Defense allows 100% scoring in the rezone, albeit majority FGs in 6 attempts.

Offense:
Sacks allowed is below average. 40% 3rd down conversion rate. Pretty average passing & rushing stats.

Kansas is a better team than Colorado.

I think the first three games saw Nebraska figuring out what they do and don't do well. I'm expecting a more focused approach offensively Friday. Offensive efficiency is pretty even between Nebraska and Illinois but I believe Nebraska has hindered these stats due to some unique decision making in these first three games that likely won't appear in Big10 play.

Defensively, Nebraska is a top-5 unit in the Big10, efficiency-wise. Top-25 limiting explosive plays, top-10 in rushing defense efficiency and negative drives.

If Nebraska protects the ball, makes FGs and runs the ball efficiently I see this being an easy win.

Nebraska 31
Illinois 16

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back