Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official Nebraska vs Illinois prediction thread

I genuinely don't know as I haven't watched enough Ill. My buddy says we're gonna smoke em, so I'll go in the middle at 21-10. Rough day for both offenses since it's BIG play. Very possible that DR experiences his first BIG slug fest of slow offenses has to adjust as he goes. In the end, our defense stays hot and gets a take away and MR leans on the run game to get to 4-0. DR doesn't light it up, but is efficient and has some very timely and efficient completions.

It looks like the rain/storms might hit later in the evening, closer to midnight.
Is it bad that I want it to be storming for our game? Obviously I don't want any delays...but I really feel that a rainy game is a huge benefit to us. They struggle to run and stop the run. Rain could be another big advantage for us.

Is it bad that I want it to be storming for our game? Obviously I don't want any delays...but I really feel that a rainy game is a huge benefit to us. They struggle to run and stop the run. Rain could be another big advantage for us.
Selfishly, I hope it stays clear until the end of the game since I will be in the stands lol. I think Nebraska should be able to take care of The Fighting Berts, regardless of the weather.

Delays almost always advantage the home team

Delays almost always advantage the home team
Then bring on the delays!!! Sorry anyone in attendance...4-0 with a win over a top 25 team is more important to me lol.

And I agree, @jickey moseph, we can and likely will win without poor weather/delays. But college football is a weird beast and the better team doesn't always win. I'll take any advantage we can get!

Decided to go back and look at a bit of last year's game...

It's amazing how we won games with stat lines like this:

Haarberg: 12/24 for 154 yards and 1 INT
Haarberg: Leading rushing with 18 carries for 82 yards and 1 TD

Illinois really did try to throw it all over the yard.

Atlmyer was 29/47 for 289 Yards, 1 TD and 1 INT
Their leading rusher was Feagin with 5 carries for 15 yards.

Decided to go back and look at a bit of last year's game...

It's amazing how we won games with stat lines like this:

Haarberg: 12/24 for 154 yards and 1 INT
Haarberg: Leading rushing with 18 carries for 82 yards and 1 TD

Illinois really did try to throw it all over the yard.

Atlmyer was 29/47 for 289 Yards, 1 TD and 1 INT
Their leading rusher was Feagin with 5 carries for 15 yards.
29/47 is so bad

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back