Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official DONU Baseball Off Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Alright there is rumblings that Christo may have made the jump this off-season and is line for Friday night starter. That would be huge for the team.
Black Widow Avengers GIF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Any idea about who our other starting pitchers will be?

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The true freshmen pitchers we have are the best class we may have ever signed. I think it’s safe to say at least one of them will start games and potentially challenge for a weekend spot.
Not sure how well Tucker and Harrahill will do in college but I coached against both of them when they were freshman and sophomores. Both are studs imo

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Will Walsh should be a nice weekday starter and possible weekend starter. He came on in the middle of the year. He may not overpower you but he throws strikes and has a decent change up.

I hope to god we become more consistent swinging the stick. Way too many strikeouts and not enough walks last year. It's going to take a team effort to replace Matthews and Anderson's production.

Kaladin

Elite Member
Will Walsh should be a nice weekday starter and possible weekend starter. He came on in the middle of the year. He may not overpower you but he throws strikes and has a decent change up.

I hope to god we become more consistent swinging the stick. Way too many strikeouts and not enough walks last year. It's going to take a team effort to replace Matthews and Anderson's production.
I forgot about him

Walsh, Christo, and Brockett our three starters?

Kaladin

Elite Member
I remember Caleb Clark started the year as our day 3 starter and then he got blasted and we never heard from him again

He was a top prospect out of Canada, hopefully he has improved

tedfordtony

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
If christo did make that jump im so damn pumped im excitedtl tonsee jasa (spelling) big 6'7 pitcher too

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I forgot about him

Walsh, Christo, and Brockett our three starters?
It sounded like out of fall ball that Clark was pitching well and Brockett struggled a bit. Tucker Timmerman, from Beatrice, was the only freshman to pitch in both fall ball games and he hit 96 mph on his fastball against UNO. Ryan Harrahill, freshman from Elkhorn North, was touching 94-95 mph. Carson Jasa, 6'7 230, was consistently at 96 mph in his outing. They may not start but if these guys have decent command of their pitches, I feel good about our pitching depth.

clifscales

Defensive Lineman
Mason McConnaughey from Cloud CC will be in the mix. Dude has some good stuff and Childress will make him even better.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Alright there is rumblings that Christo may have made the jump this off-season and is line for Friday night starter. That would be huge for the team.

Interesting timing of your post. Christo walked 5 guys in his latest outing. He hasn't looked good since the fall, where he took a huge jump!

Any idea about who our other starting pitchers will be?

As of this week, it's between Sears, Christo, Clark & Brockett. Worthley has been absolutely dominate and will start the season as a key component in the bullpen.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds