Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official DONU Baseball Off Season Thread (2 Viewers)

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
I am under the impression that he is not a walk on at nebraska. I could be wrong but he was not treated as one the last 2 weeks. Also KSU didn’t pull an offer, they pulled a signed contract. Big difference in my opinion.

Lastly, I am excited he is a Husker. Can’t wait to watch him.

He's a walk-on, 0 athletic scholarship allocation to him. That may change after the 2024 season, but he's a w/o.

What you're possibly referencing, and I can find out but it's really worthless to carry this on any further, is the $5,980 "academic bonus" the NCAA allows schools to pay student-athletes. With baseball, it's typically only paid to those on athletic scholarship however, Carter & Alberts have allowed Bolt to use that in rare cases (see Jaylen Worthley last summer as a prime example; walk-on but guaranteed the $5,980 in year one).

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
What ever happened to the commit we got from the guy on RSS posting about him through junior high? It reached the coaches and contact was made. If I remember right it was a big deal

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
No one gonna bring up that former husker legend Matt Waldron is now an MLB knuckleballer?!
@Bootleg11 posted the article on Friday

The Simpsons GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds