Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official don’t buy any bullshit they try selling you, offseason thread*** (4 Viewers)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Getting this thread back on track singlehandedly...here we go:

adam sandler somebody kill me please GIF

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Time to shut down the football and men's basketball programs.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Holy shit catching up on this thread..."if we score less points but do it situationally we win more games" is one of the more mentally challenged takes I've ever heard. Especially considering for a lot of the year Turd 1 (Racist boy) had a significantly better QB than anyone Turd 2 has on the roster.

Hate has clearly clouded some judgement here, because that is "Tater Island Worthy".

My wife is from Cockeye and my oldest stepson is a Cockeye fan and I watch a lot of games and you can rest assured that baby Ferentz has every bit of a terrible feel for playcalling as Sutty. Some serious head scratchers every game.

The only argument I could buy maybe is he somehow makes them turn it over less? Though so many of those were things like, "Catch a snap" or "throw this simple 5-10 yard pass without throwing it to the DB 15 yards behind him".

Maybe he would have called less passes? But it's not like we had a running game to lean on.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Holy shit catching up on this thread..."if we score less points but do it situationally we win more games" is one of the more mentally challenged takes I've ever heard. Especially considering for a lot of the year Turd 1 (Racist boy) had a significantly better QB than anyone Turd 2 has on the roster.

Hate has clearly clouded some judgement here, because that is "Tater Island Worthy".

My wife is from Cockeye and my oldest stepson is a Hawkeye fan and I watch a lot of games and you can rest assured that baby Ferentz has every bit of a terrible feel for playcalling as Sutty. Some serious head scratchers every game.

The only argument I could buy maybe is he somehow makes them turn it over less? Though so many of those were things like, "Catch a snap" or "throw this simple 5-10 yard pass without throwing it to the DB 15 yards behind him".

Maybe he would have called less passes? But it's not like we had a running time to lean on.
you lost me when you said bacon hill was better than any qb we have on the roster. Chubba for sure is better, Sims probably better (if he has a competent OC/QB coach), but I'll give you bacon being better than HH.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
you lost me when you said bacon hill was better than any qb we have on the roster. Chubba for sure is better, Sims probably better (if he has a competent OC/QB coach), but I'll give you bacon being better than HH.
I am not referring to the offensive lineman that played quarterback for the second half of the season. I'm referring to the quarterback who played the first 4-5 games

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Seriously? Once we get into conference play, we'll be lucky to even finish in the upper half of the conference. A lot of Kool Aid drinking going on right now.
I do think this is the best team that Fred has had, but I'm with you and I'm not super confident once we play real teams.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Seriously? Once we get into conference play, we'll be lucky to even finish in the upper half of the conference. A lot of Kool Aid drinking going on right now.
Yup.... We are a powerhouse who can't be stopped right now.

(If you can't tell I am not serious by now I don't know what to tell you)

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Yup.... We are a powerhouse who can't be stopped right now.

(If you can't tell I am not serious by now I don't know what to tell you)
It's like bottom dweller NFL teams who go undefeated in preseason just suck once the real season starts...Maybe MBBall will turn it around this year. I felt like they were semi improving near the end of last season.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I guess we are back to hating on Uncle Donny vice SATT? Or is the the running backs coach? Or Scott Frost's fault for recruiting shitty RB's in general.
Nah Satt...

Member how bad Benhart was?

I think Donny developed a serviceable OL this year from the horrendous spot they were in.... They need to take the next step and be good next year.

Ripping Lips

Elite Member
Nah Satt...

Member how bad Benhart was?

I think Donny developed a serviceable OL this year from the horrendous spot they were in.... They need to take the next step and be good next year.

Honestly, our pass protection still sucked this year. In the few games we did go YOLO, the QB had time to throw. Our OL makes any DL look like Suh whenever we throw.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds