Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official don’t buy any bullshit they try selling you, offseason thread*** (4 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
you lost me when you said bacon hill was better than any qb we have on the roster. Chubba for sure is better, Sims probably better (if he has a competent OC/QB coach), but I'll give you bacon being better than HH.
Hill was completing 30% of his passes for a stretch this year...

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Nah Satt...

Member how bad Benhart was?

I think Donny developed a serviceable OL this year from the horrendous spot they were in.... They need to take the next step and be good next year.

They definitely were better in the run game. Still think there is a lot of improvement to be had, but there were a ton of run plays that got hit for under 3 yards that wasn't on the OL, but on the TEs or WRs.
Honestly, our pass protection still sucked this year. In the few games we did go YOLO, the QB had time to throw. Our OL makes any DL look like Suh whenever we throw.
That's still my biggest gripe with the OL. The left side was better in pass pro IMO. The right side consistently struggled, especially with any sort of twist game. I don't know why, but the left side would pass it off so much better than the right side.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
They definitely were better in the run game. Still think there is a lot of improvement to be had, but there were a ton of run plays that got hit for under 3 yards that wasn't on the OL, but on the TEs or WRs.
I think Satt needs to do a better job of sequencing off his run looks...

Shit the only time he did was the option pass and it was 6 twice.

Would like to see us develop an RPO look to control the box better. Also, edge blocking needed to be better.

Now a lot of this was limited by QB play, but I think you get my point.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I think Satt needs to do a better job of sequencing off his run looks...

Shit the only time he did was the option pass and it was 6 twice.

Would like to see us develop an RPO look to control the box better. Also, edge blocking needed to be better.

Now a lot of this was limited by QB play, but I think you get my point.
In the spring, they had a several glance RPOs off their base looks, like their counter play. I thought that was going to be a big part of the offense, but obviously guys going down and their QB became a large issue and seemed like they just said screw it and scrap it. Just run the base.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
In the spring, they had a several glance RPOs off their base looks, like their counter play. I thought that was going to be a big part of the offense, but obviously guys going down and their QB became a large issue and seemed like they just said screw it and scrap it. Just run the base.
I was wondering why we didn't see more of that given how that would simplify the game for the QB in my eyes, but also help control the box.

Would also like to see a PAP off this concept.

Something like this....

1701106530154.png

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Really once Turner and to a lesser extent Pieper was out, it felt like pass pro was fine (not good, but fine)... Turner was awful.
Hard to say. QB's seemed to take off too quickly. It was rare they sat back there and scanned the field. If they didn't throw right away most of the time they took off.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds