Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official don’t buy any bullshit they try selling you, offseason thread*** (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
We're talking about switching OC's not entire team and coaching staff.

For one those 14 points from S/T and Defense would have been helpful.
Situational play calling by Satterfield caused a lot of losses for us this year.

Shit look at how bad Maryland, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc.... were managed from an OC's perspective.

You can look at PPG, but at what cost? Look at Minnesota for example... Going into the 4th we had a drive where we were running it for 8yds a pop. Penalty occurs and we kick a FG to go up by 7. Defense forces a 3 and out. With a struggling QB, and a run game that was winning at the 40 yd line.... Do you think Brian would call up a deep pass to the back up CB? Do you think he would proceed to throw it 2 more times that drive? punting and giving Minnesota life when their defense was done? Do you think with the ball at the 45yd line of MN with 2 mins left would have his walking turnover QB throwing the ball? Or would he give it to his RB to get into FG range? Fuck you don't even have to think about this one because you saw what he did today...

Satterfield lacks basic shit that we see Brian do week in and week out.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
So if he called plays better we could have had 30 less points but more wins because our defense and special teams would have scored more and given up less points. That's the most fantastic bullshit I've ever read.
Better situational play calling = Defense would have gave up less... We would have scored more... We would have won more..

See the Minnesota example...

I also think PPG isn't a fair metric because we have more talent across the board. I mean HH was a better QB than Hill for a large part of this year.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Special teams tds included in above

IA
Mich st 7 pts

Def tds included above
IA
Wisconsin 7 pts

NE zero points by special teams or defense

Total points in same opponent:

NE 112
IA 82
1 td by special teams Jim. Purdue blocked FG

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Situational play calling by Satterfield caused a lot of losses for us this year.

Shit look at how bad Maryland, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc.... were managed from an OC's perspective.

You can look at PPG, but at what cost? Look at Minnesota for example... Going into the 4th we had a drive where we were running it for 8yds a pop. Penalty occurs and we kick a FG to go up by 7. Defense forces a 3 and out. With a struggling QB, and a run game that was winning at the 40 yd line.... Do you think Brian would call up a deep pass to the back up CB? Do you think he would proceed to throw it 2 more times that drive? punting and giving Minnesota life when their defense was done? Do you think with the ball at the 45yd line of MN with 2 mins left would have his walking turnover QB throwing the ball? Or would he give it to his RB to get into FG range? Fuck you don't even have to think about this one because you saw what he did today...

Satterfield lacks basic shit that we see Brian do week in and week out.
Scatterfield is a situational moron who doesn't string shit together. I know Brian sucks as an OC and I don't want him, but he sets shit up off their bread and butter plays and that leads to them winning close games at the margins .

I frankly have no fucking idea what our offense is even trying to be and that's a problem.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Whenever a new coach comes aboard and things go to shit, a lot of fans aren't going to blame the new head man because he's the shiny new toy.

So, Nebraska fans have to find some sort of whipping boy. And that whipping boy happens to be satterturd.

But the fact of the matter is Rhule wasn't impressive at all this season.

He sucked too.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whenever a new coach comes aboard and things go to shit, a lot of fans aren't going to blame the new head man because he's the shiny new toy.

So, Nebraska fans have to find some sort of whipping boy. And that whipping boy happens to be satterturd.

He sucked too.
surprise yes GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

He sucked too.
It was the same thing with Chinander getting all the blame at first. Riley had langsdorf and Banker who people threw under the bus. Callahan had Cosgrove. In the end it’s still on the head Coach for hiring shitty assistants.

Last year leading up to the coaching hire all of us said it’s time to hire a head coach who puts together an experienced proven staff with results. When Rhule didn’t do this a fair amount of fans justified all these unproven assistants. It’s funny what happens when you hire a quality coach with a proven track record like White. Things improve. On the other side he hired his buddy with a track record of being shit and we are still shit. But but it’s all the players. Coaching matters.

Last edited:

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Better situational play calling = Defense would have gave up less... We would have scored more... We would have won more..

See the Minnesota example...

I also think PPG isn't a fair metric because we have more talent across the board. I mean HH was a better QB than Hill for a large part of this year.
@Jim14510 this is the justification and I don’t think it’s refutable. Our defense was just as good as Cockeye’s but gave up more points because of the frequency they were having to defend with no breaks (3&O with a bunch of passes or turnovers) and way short fields. We win more games if the defense gives up fewer points, regardless of if our offense scores fewer points, and they do that if we don’t put the defense in bad spots over and over again.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
It was the same thing with Chinander getting all the blame at first. Riley had langsdorf and Banker who people threw under the bus. Callahan had Cosgrove. In the end it’s still on the head Coach for hiring shitty assistants.

Last year leading up to the coaching hire all of us said it’s time to hire a head coach who puts together an experienced proven staff with results. When Rhule didn’t do this a fair amount of fans justified all these unproven assistants. It’s funny what happens when you hire a quality coach with a proven track record like White. Things improve. On the other side he hired his buddy with a track record of being shit and we are still shit. But but it’s all the players. Coaching matters.
Yep. And some husker fans have pointed this out because not all us are idiots. But a lot of fans did not have high expectations this year. It was simply get to 6 wins for a bowl game. That's it. That should have been relatively easy with this schedule.

Back on October 28th we had 5 fucking wins. All we need was one more. One! And they completely shit the bed. The last four games were a monumental failure. That is on Rhule whether the sunshine pumpers want to admit it or not.

And if Nebraska fans are honest with themselves, the beginning and especially the ending of the season were very Frost like.

Plain and simple, Rhule was a failure in season one.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yep. And some husker fans have pointed this out because not all us are idiots. But a lot of fans did not have high expectations this year. It was simply get to 6 wins for a bowl game. That's it. That should have been relatively easy with this schedule.

Back on October 28th we had 5 fucking wins. All we need was one more. One! And they completely shit the bed. The last four games were a monumental failure. That is on Rhule whether the sunshine pumpers want to admit it or not.

And if Nebraska fans are honest with themselves, the beginning and especially the ending of the season were very Frost like.

Plain and simple, Rhule was a failure in season one.
I don’t even remember what i predicted wins wise before the season, but I didn’t think our schedule would be this horrible. I also said the first season was a mulligan for Rhule but with the way it played out and not making a bowl after sitting at 5 with with 4 cracks at a bowl game the season turned into a failure. Rhule screwed himself because he would have earned good will from Husker fans making a bowl in year one. He could easily miss a bowl game the next two years. Every Husker fan will be out on him if that happens. The patience won’t be the same as it was for Frost right or wrong.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I don’t even remember what i predicted wins wise before the season, but I didn’t think our schedule would be this horrible. I also said the first season was a mulligan for Rhule but with the way it played out and not making a bowl after sitting at 5 with with 4 cracks at a bowl game the season turned into a failure. Rhule screwed himself because he would have earned good will from Husker fans making a bowl in year one. He could easily miss a bowl game the next two years. Every Husker fan will be out on him if that happens. The patience won’t be the same as it was for Frost right or wrong.
Yeah, I thin Rhule shitting his pants to this degree in season one is going to leave quite the mark with a lot of husker fans now (see what I did there).

Make a bowl game in year one, you're in a lot of good wills in husker fans.

Miss a bowl game like this in year one, a lot of fans are going to be at his throat.

I honestly don't know if Rhule could of had a worse year one other than losing every freaking game.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, I thin Rhule shitting his pants to this degree in season one is going to leave quite the mark with a lot of husker fans now (see what I did there).

Make a bowl game in year one, you're in a lot of good wills in husker fans.

Miss a bowl game like this in year one, a lot of fans are going to be at his throat.

I honestly don't know if Rhule could have had a worse year one other than losing every freaking game.
And the thing is most Husker fans didn’t drool over the hire this time like they usually do. Most of them were like prove it to me. We have been told this guy will turn it around time and time again and it’s the same shit.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds