Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Offensive Staff (1 Viewer)

Bswain1980

Defensive Lineman
Do me a favor. Look at Cockeye's starting defense vs Nebraska's starting offense. Tell me how many juniors and seniors started for Cockeye vs our depth chart. I'll hang up and wait. Experience matters. Phil Parker has been there how long?
Nobody addressed this post. Not one person. This post was everything. Cockeye was grown men vs kids.

Herbie

Quarterback
It wouldn’t shock me if Rhule went after Brian Ferentz as TE/CoOC
If we are going to be forced to play in a phone booth bc of offensive talent, Ferenetz wouldnt have a schizophrenic gameplan & would help immensely with game management
We’ve underused our TEs for yrs even tho we have talent at TE. All he does is take athletic white guys & make them all Americans & all pros in the NFL
Why the fuck would you even speak this out loud

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You guys realize that Cockeye won 10 games and is #17 in the county and just barely won, right?

What happened to that whole “omg we played them so close it’s a win” spirit of the Frost era?

Bunch of whiney bitches honestly
This ain’t it

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
There was talent on the NW team, they just quit on Fitz. They weren't as bad as their 1-10 record showed the previous year.
They had less talent than Nebraska, had to fire their coach the week before camp started and their interim coach had never coached a season with the team. They were 1-11 last year and still got bowl eligible. And I’d argue their OOC was tougher than Nebraskas.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
They had less talent than Nebraska, had to fire their coach the week before camp started and their interim coach had never coached a season with the team. They were 1-11 last year and still got bowl eligible. And I’d argue their OOC was tougher than Nebraskas.
It is bizzaro world reading some of the excuses these sunshine pumpers come up with. All NW did was prove that it’s really not that fucking hard to win 6 games and go to a bowl.

Rhule coached like a retard in the Minnesota, Maryland, Wisconsin and Cockeye games. He made terrible hires on the offensive side of the ball which led to brining in shit talent so here we are again.

Like typical Nebraska fashion, the offense will be better next year, the D will take a step back and we will hate the same shit special teams.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
It is bizzaro world reading some of the excuses these sunshine pumpers come up with. All NW did was prove that it’s really not that fucking hard to win 6 games and go to a bowl.

Rhule coached like a retard in the Minnesota, Maryland, Wisconsin and Cockeye games. He made terrible hires on the offensive side of the ball which led to brining in shit talent so here we are again.

Like typical Nebraska fashion, the offense will be better next year, the D will take a step back and we will hate the same shit special teams.
The defense may take a step back next year simply because of the schedule. I do think it will still be good and possibly better than this year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I haven’t been the most vocal Satt defender, but I think I’m off of the train defending him. His play calling doesn’t make much sense and has zero consistency to it. Sure, he’s been handicapped with bad injury luck and some of the worst P5 QB play I’ve seen, but man, it hasn’t been great.

Going back to last week, I just can’t believe that first down play call in OT. A short side option, really? What happened to the QB power we ran earlier in the season? And like it’s been mentioned a plethora of times in this thread, what the hell did JEJ do to not play today? Luto and Nouli were not impressive enough to have him benched.
Ditto for me. Satt was dealt some shitty cards this year and he did well cranking out some wins with Haarberg. But that success was always gonna be finite bc Haarberg was always going to get injured.

Satt really lost the plot toward the last few games. I can no longer defend him.

I'm not as mad at him today - bc Cockeye is a #18 ranked team w a tremendous defense. But the 3 losses prior were kind of on him.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I feel like this is one of the most over looked aspects of the shit stain that was our offense,
I'm pretty sure there was one instance where we called a timeout because of this, after we had just gotten out of a TV timeout.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Get out. Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Rhule. Stop being an idiot and completely botching these games. Holy clock management.
Lets Go Yes GIF by Bubble Punk

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Why the fuck would you even speak this out loud
Yeah
I’d hate having a guy who is known for not beating themselves Co Coordinating an offense that has lost more games than it’s won bc it’s turnover prone, penalty prone & has no strengths bc it has no idea what it wants to be.

& as a bonus is known for developing NFL Olinemen & all American TEs

Brian Ferentz immediately would become the best offensive coach on staff. Rhule will hire some shit stain who he can handhold tho.

Hopefully what Rhule is selling comes to fruition next yr (not just 6-6 but 8+ wins) bc if not we’ll just start the fire hire cycle again
The last 4 games this yr were massively concerning
No improvements were made offensively this yr from beginning to end. I attribute most of that to Satterfields horrendous sequential playcalling & indecision

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds