Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NW HS Omaha

Can you acknowledge why that isn't a scalable solution for our country though? Home school makes a lot of sense for some people and can be done with great outcomes, but if every family went down that path there would be some seismic effects on our economy and society.
Of course, I’m not saying it’s for everyone.

What’s your opinion on the seismic effects to the economy and society you’re mentioning.

What’s your opinion on the seismic effects to the economy and society you’re mentioning.
Survivable property taxes?

kanye west president GIF

That's a fair point. The dad of one of my son's friends went to North for their tech program. He did say that it was a good program, and he's a software engineer now, but he also said that he wouldn't really want his kids going there. He saw plenty of violence.

I agree that there are a couple OPS schools that I'd send my kids too, but I think our plan is probably to move out to Elkhorn/Millard/Bennington when they're middle school age.
I wouldn’t say that it’s a perfect school but it’s for sure not the worst OPS school and has a lot to offer if that’s what your child is into. I would never send my child to Burke, NW or Bryan in OPS or Westside. Don’t know much about South. The magnet program for trades at Benson is also really good.

Of course, I’m not saying it’s for everyone.

A cratering of the economy from millions of people leaving the workforce.

Not half, but a massive chunk
It’s inevitable. Automation and AI are already starting to do this.

I think AI will make it much easier for people to study and learn privately in general. It will be an interesting next decade.

It’s inevitable. Automation and AI are already starting to do this.

I think AI will make it much easier for people to study and learn privately in general. It will be an interesting next decade.
Automation and AI also create new types of jobs in their wake though, just like all technology has.

Automation and AI also create new types of jobs in their wake though, just like all technology has.
Right it’s a good thing and something people and an economy will react and adapt to just like every other disruptor.

What point are you trying to make?
The concern is overblown. Innovation will disrupt and the economy will adapt especially when it comes to education. I see education becoming more personalized and remote as we move forward.

You think it’s not scalable because schools are a place workers can send their kids from 9-5. Without that they’d be forced to be in the home and this would cause the economy to collapse. Is that the gyst?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back