Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NW HS Omaha

I’ve seen both sides of it. I also went to highschool in Omaha and never felt unsafe either. That being said I would never send my kids to certain schools in Omaha. Westside, NW and Burke are at the top of that list.

View attachment 41988
This is the freak show shit you deal with in the city. This was a week ago at the grocery store. Prior to this the girl was eating grapes from the fruit cooler right out of the bags (not in their cart). Her dad looked presentable but did nothing to stop her. These are the people that will shoot up schools, among other psychos bc they were picked on. Well fuck me, you want other normal kids to tell you “cool coyote costume”?

The city is fucked.
Lmao I lived in SE Nebraska. Just south of Auburn and old co-workers were telling me about how people were freaking out because they were gonna litter boxes in bathrooms at the high school. It’s not just the city. Small towns are weird as fuck too. Thats why I live on my own property a short distance from the city.

Lmao I lived in SE Nebraska. Just south of Auburn and old co-workers were telling me about how people were freaking out because they were gonna litter boxes in bathrooms at the high school. It’s not just the city. Small towns are weird as fuck too. Thats why I live on my own property a short distance from the city.
You aren’t wrong. They all suck. Heard stories of it in Hiawatha, Ks.

I’m not saying I couldn’t do it. I’m saying that’s not how I want my kids to grow up. They deserve to grow up around other kids. Not locked up in their own house all the time.
Up to you how you'd homeschool, but that's not the way most people do it. The only limit on social time is from the parents.

She runs around south of Auburn with that tail during winter and she might get her stupid ass shot! If she doesn’t answer to dying rabbit sounds she may just be ok.
Side note: I run part of my business from just south of Auburn.

Hilarious there are people who think locking kids in a government building for 8-10 hours a day is the way a kids childhood should be spent
Did you home school yours? If so can you give some context to how it worked? I spent a lot of time with/staying home with my children in the first months of life and then several spans during their toddler years and now starting to send them to school bothers me.

I mean I thought I was clearly exaggerating but there’s no way they would get the same amount of socialization as they would going to school.
I understand the point you're getting at, but "if I were the one in charge, the kids wouldn't get enough of the thing I'm concerned about" is just too ironic of a critique for me to let pass by uncommented on.

But it’s higher rated than any OPS school. Just was weird to see you put Westside on your list and not North or South.
The tech program at North is awesome and the kids there are pretty secluded. I don’t think OPS is great but I’d send my kids to certain schools if it benefitted their skills/interests. I have friends with kids at Westside and it has its challenges too

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back