Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nuggets from a poster who was with a Nebraska offensive coach

We will miss Casey Thompson imo
Even if Simms is better we'll miss him from a depth standpoint. Could have had a less significant drop-off from 1 to 2 if he stayed.

My guess is CT would have started and stayed as the starting QB if he didn't leave or get injured.

Having said that I'm not sure CT makes much of a difference in the wins.

Even if Simms is better we'll miss him from a depth standpoint. Could have had a less significant drop-off from 1 to 2 if he stayed.

My guess is CT would have started and stayed as the starting QB if he didn't leave or get injured.

Having said that I'm not sure CT makes much of a difference in the wins.

I don't think Sims has a chance to be remotely close. Jmo

Surely that comment won't bite us in the ass! When has this program ever over-promised and under-delivered??

I don't think Sims has a chance to be remotely close. Jmo
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Except with Rhuleaid.

I'm not expecting Sims to be all conference but I wouldn't have expected all conference from CT either. If Sims can be mediocre and stay healthy I'll be pleased.

I think if they are going to split with Michigan/Ohio St or possibly win both than this is the year. They are loaded up front, great backfield, good receivers, top notch defense.
A lot of my PSU friends are fed up with Franklin since he had done less with more. They’ll probably finish 3rd in the East behind OSU and Meatchicken.

A lot of my PSU friends are fed up with Franklin since he had done less with more. They’ll probably finish 3rd in the East behind OSU and Meatchicken.
I understood some of the frustration early on at Penn State. Honestly I thought he may get canned until he brought in Joe Moorhead as OC. But I don't think he's done less with more as of lately. They were 11-2 last year. Ohio State and Michigan are really fucking good. And Penn State is right there. He's gotta find a way for Penn State to match Michigan up front. They push PSU around. But athletically they match up pretty well with Ohio State.

I thought Sean Clifford was pretty decent, Drew Allar has to take that next step to get them over the top.

Just from listening to Damon, Thompson sounded like a guy who needed to have control behind his situation. There is a reason he ended up where he did.

Long story short, I don't think Sims is an upgrade because of that.

Everybody who I have talked to said that Sims has a much higher upside. I think the key behind it is, developing an offense that doesn't require him to be super man like we did with Martinez. To me Sims seems very similar to Martinez.

“Sims is my top guy right now because we haven’t seen you in our offense. We want you here though and you’ll have every shot to beat Sims out.”

-Rhule

“I’ve seen this movie before and I know how it ends.”

-Casey Thompson

Has anybody asked how a coach with no Big 10 coaching experience would even be in position to opine on such things?

Watching film ain’t shit.
no, don't rain on my parade

it's kool-aid season bruh

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back