Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Metric - Board Members Needed (2 Viewers)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I propose we institute another metric - it's not an individual stat, rather one that details the efficiency of a unit. Offensive and Defensive output would be measured by:

Downs Gotten. Simply put, how many downs did the unit get each game.

To adequately and properly measure, we will need a platoon. DownFootballFocus? Any other naming ideas? this is a think tank boys...

Whatever it's called, I believe a 5 man team should be instituted:

Head of Down Getting: @11husker23 (the man lives and breathes to Get the Downs)

Associate Head of Down Getting: I'd arrogantly nominate myself - mostly because I know how much I love the phrase, and the stat.

Offensive Down-inator: @slattimer - poster of the year and knower of getting offensive downs

Defensive Down-inator: @Amk005 can text me his Defensive Down getting ratings - College Safety - knowledgeable getter downer. An "eye-test" Down Getting analyst

Down-fensive Analyst: @HuskerGarrett because he brought this glorious phrase to us. Also, he has a numbers driven track record as proven by his viral and wildly successful Russell Wilson Passing TD vs Bathrooms in home metric

All in favor of this metric being established on a weekly basis?

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Mask GIF

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Boys - if ya don’t get it, there’s the reason you weren’t nominated.

This stems from the funniest phrase I’ve ever seen/heard.

Imagine Nebraska getting over 100 downs/game next season. For reference, this year’s Georgia squad was getting just under 99 downs per game. You’d all be thrilled with that output

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I propose we institute another metric - it's not an individual stat, rather one that details the efficiency of a unit. Offensive and Defensive output would be measured by:

Downs Gotten. Simply put, how many downs did the unit get each game.

To adequately and properly measure, we will need a platoon. DownFootballFocus? Any other naming ideas? this is a think tank boys...

Whatever it's called, I believe a 5 man team should be instituted:

Head of Down Getting: @11husker23 (the man lives and breathes to Get the Downs)

Associate Head of Down Getting: I'd arrogantly nominate myself - mostly because I know how much I love the phrase, and the stat.

Offensive Down-inator: @slattimer - poster of the year and knower of getting offensive downs

Defensive Down-inator: @Amk005 can text me his Defensive Down getting ratings - College Safety - knowledgeable getter downer. An "eye-test" Down Getting analyst

Down-fensive Analyst: @HuskerGarrett because he brought this glorious phrase to us. Also, he has a numbers driven track record as proven by his viral and wildly successful Russell Wilson Passing TD vs Bathrooms in home metric

All in favor of this metric being established on a weekly basis?
GET THE FUCKING DOWNS!!!!
Booya Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds