Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Metric - Board Members Needed (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Imma be honest guys I have no idea where the “get the downs” thing came from or what it even means
I think that “get the downs” comes from an old Katy Perry song and then it was adopted by football fans in the mid 2010s

Anchorman Celebrating GIF

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Please review the historical literature ITT of GETTING THE FUCKING DOWNS!!!
Booya Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Our fearless leader @HuskerGarrett was privileged to witness the greatest husker cheer of all time and make it the official battle cry of TPB. Nothing makes my blood boil more then yelling GET THE FUCKING DOWNS!!! At my tv on game day and making my neighbors uncomfortable and scared. Please join us as we collectively GET THE FUCKING DOWNS!!!!

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Please review the historical literature ITT of GETTING THE FUCKING DOWNS!!!
Booya Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Our fearless leader @HuskerGarrett was privileged to witness the greatest husker cheer of all time and make it the official battle cry of TPB. Nothing makes my blood boil more then yelling GET THE FUCKING DOWNS!!! At my tv on game day and making my neighbors uncomfortable and scared. Please join us as we collectively GET THE FUCKING DOWNS!!!!
11799FAD-AACA-41B5-AB39-D89EAAC7DF4C.gif

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
There was an old woman behind me at the Illinois game this year that kept yelling it, so I joined her
Years ago when I was in college, there was an awful sasquatch of a woman sitting behind me from the opposing team that was a broken record yelling, "GET THE QUARTERBACK, GET THE QUARTERBACK, GET THE QUARTERBACK," every play no matter what was going on the field. Then after every play she would finish things off by saying, "YOU'RE ALL SUPERSTARS!"

FWIW, I always thought "get the downs" was about telling a poster they might need to be check for downs syndrome, prior to getting the context out of this thread - which I love, btw.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Years ago when I was in college, there was an awful sasquatch of a woman sitting behind me from the opposing team that was a broken record yelling, "GET THE QUARTERBACK, GET THE QUARTERBACK, GET THE QUARTERBACK," every play no matter what was going on the field. Then after every play she would finish things off by saying, "YOU'RE ALL SUPERSTARS!"

FWIW, I always thought "get the downs" was about telling a poster they might need to be check for downs syndrome, prior to getting the context out of this thread - which I love, btw.
1. Is that lady the same who started "GET THE DOWNS!!"? Possible. Lady sounds like a true visionary.

2. It's a versatile phrase.

3. Some people just sit back and are told what's important. At tPB, we determine what's important for others to know. Real Trend Setters.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
What is the salary for these positions?

That is to say, the Down Payment.
FUCK that's good. If you didn't start so negative, you'd be a shoe-in for the staff. I'll see what positions we have available, and then whether or not those openings match your skillset.

@lee_carvallo_12 volunteering just saved us a HUGE amount. Very kind of him - probably cuz he's loaded as fuck anyways. He is our equivalent of a big time Head Coach taking a 35K/year salary in Saban's rehab. I am confident he will receive a huge pay day shortly down the road.

The rest of our assistant pool is up to 7Mil. We aren't interested in hiring celebrities. We are going after a hard working, committed, principled, crew of EXPERTS first and foremost.

Our analysis of Down Getting will not only be trailblazing, but unrivaled for years to come.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
FUCK that's good. If you didn't start so negative, you'd be a shoe-in for the staff. I'll see what positions we have available, and then whether or not those openings match your skillset.

@lee_carvallo_12 volunteering just saved us a HUGE amount. Very kind of him - probably cuz he's loaded as fuck anyways. He is our equivalent of a big time Head Coach taking a 35K/year salary in Saban's rehab. I am confident he will receive a huge pay day shortly down the road.

The rest of our assistant pool is up to 7Mil. We aren't interested in hiring celebrities. We are going after a hard working, committed, principled, crew of EXPERTS first and foremost.

Our analysis of Down Getting will not only be trailblazing, but unrivaled for years to come.
I guess I can be a substitute if someone gets Down With the Sickness.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
New Naming Ideas for our Down Getting Staff:

System of the Downs

DownSyndrome (Thanks @lee_carvallo_12 )

Also - should he accept - @lee_carvallo_12 is officially offered the position of: Head of Strength and Con-Down-tioning
System of the Downs could be shortened to SOTD. I already know I'm going straight to Hell so don't judge but this GIF always made me chuckle. And before the PC Police come after me note that I have 3 Special Needs Niece/Nephews that I help take care of at times when my brother & his wife need a sanity break from them. I can totally see my niece saying this, and wearing the outfit. 16 and her current favorite fashion trend is dressing in Unicorn Outfits/clothing.

down-syndrome-breckfast.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds