Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Off-season Updates (6 Viewers)

straightoutta308

This Gen sucks.
Elite Member
Who do we get to fill his minutes?
Anybody in the portal. If I’m being honest, he did rebound well occasionally and played OK D at times (these were few and far between). Feels like that shouldn’t be hard to find in the portal in someone who at least doesn’t foul and is maybe a semi threat on O. He is something like a career 28% from 3 and somehow thought he always had the green light.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anybody in the portal. If I’m being honest, he did rebound well occasionally and played OK D at times (these were few and far between). Feels like that shouldn’t be hard to find in the portal in someone who at least doesn’t foul and is maybe a semi threat on O. He is something like a career 28% from 3 and somehow thought he always had the green light.
He did have the green light though. Same thing with Banton when he was here. It's a long term play with the hope that tweaking his mechanics in the offseason will lead to him being a reasonable 3 pt shooter.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

Sorry. I just think it would be an extremely stupid move to cut Wilhelm and Wilcher loose. Banking on the idea that you can find two rotational level big ten players in the portal that will come here isn’t wise. I’d rather keep them because they can play minutes and push them down a spot or two in the rotation with the guys we get rather than cut and replace.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sorry. I just think it would be an extremely stupid move to cut Wilhelm and Wilcher loose. Banking on the idea that you can find two rotational level big ten players in the portal that will come here isn’t wise. I’d rather keep them because they can play minutes and push them down a spot or two in the rotation with the guys we get rather than cut and replace.
But lettuce also not forget that players can get better year to year

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We can wait until they're replaced if that makes you feel better.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I didn't want to get rid of Kesei last year fwiw.
But you were a Coach Prime guy

But I'll give a guy who has shown to be a microwave shooter and a big who moves reasonably well off a major knee injury another season before pulling the rip cord. Reasonable people can disagree on this, but I'm not the one who has to live with being wrong

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
But lettuce also not forget that players can get better year to year

That’s the thing. Wilhelm and Wilcher are only sophomores and we aren’t exactly known as a 1 and done program.

Wilhelm is one full year now removed from his major knee injury and I HOPE we saw Wilcher play basketball we can come to expect from him down the stretch this year.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
But you were a Coach Prime guy

But I'll give a guy who has shown to be a microwave shooter and a big who moves reasonably well off a major knee injury another season before pulling the rip cord. Reasonable people can disagree on this, but I'm not the one who has to live with being wrong
That Prime thing is way out of context.

I'd be ok keeping Wilcher.

Fuck Wilhelm and any excuse you come up with.

Herbie

Quarterback
Can’t cut Wilheim. Tony wildebrands and Chris ballams don’t just grid on trees.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's really cute that you thought that I thought that.
College Hoops Win GIF by NCAA March Madness

straightoutta308

This Gen sucks.
Elite Member
I just think we are really selling ourselves short if we think we can’t do without a guy who is marginally effective on his very best days in the BIG 10 (and a downright detriment on his worst). He played significant minutes on a team that ended the season on an absolute tear and still couldn’t make the NIT. If he stays and plays waaay behind Keita sparingly, that’s fine but if he’s a significant contributor again I’m not hopeful for where the season is headed.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds