Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebrasketball Off-season Updates

1890 is basically a rebrand of ABM with gutting some of the trash. So they aren't mutually exclusive.

How you can put all these basketball NIL issues on Fred shows you lack common sense.

It's Nebrasketball, you think the money is pouring in? And the money that did, was mishandled by the previously ran 1890 d.b.a. ABM.

It's not a rebrand, it's a complete overhaul. Bruning & Lambrecht (your trash comment) are gone, they were the only problems with ABM, not lower level people that didn't have a say. From top to bottom with 100% of money raised going towards the student-athletes with the Peed's financing the entire backend operations. Turd, Ted and some BOR's required the complete overhaul for a full UNL endorsement.

There are no basketball NIL issues since the ABM shit. What happened prior with ABM is irrelevant to today as a change was made to AIM immediately. And last I heard, AIM made things right with the 2 players that didn't get their full promise. Fred was on board with that change, otherwise Castner wouldn't have done what he did to take hoops over from ABM then initially agree to go under the BRC NIL with Kris Brown last fall. And now, Kris Brown's BRC NIL is soon to be shutting their doors so AIM has rolled in with 1890. Again, Caster wouldn't have done that if "1890 = ABM".

You've received some serious misinformation from someone regarding ABM & 1890.

It's not a rebrand, it's a complete overhaul. Bruning & Lambrecht (your trash comment) are gone, they were the only problems with ABM, not lower level people that didn't have a say. From top to bottom with 100% of money raised going towards the student-athletes with the Peed's financing the entire backend operations. Turd, Ted and some BOR's required the complete overhaul for a full UNL endorsement.

There are no basketball NIL issues since the ABM shit. What happened prior with ABM is irrelevant to today as a change was made to AIM immediately. And last I heard, AIM made things right with the 2 players that didn't get their full promise. Fred was on board with that change, otherwise Castner wouldn't have done what he did to take hoops over from ABM then initially agree to go under the BRC NIL with Kris Brown last fall. And now, Kris Brown's BRC NIL is soon to be shutting their doors so AIM has rolled in with 1890. Again, Caster wouldn't have done that if "1890 = ABM".

You've received some serious misinformation from someone regarding ABM & 1890.
Will the BRC and Brown be backing 1890?

Backing, as in what?

Fundraising for them, no. Working for them, no. If asked, I can see a public endorsment. Kris, Matt & Bill are good people.
Word of mouth backing, so yes, a public endorsement. Sorry for not being straightforward with the question.

Seems like they do a lot of good work in the community. Thanks for sharing.

from the same 247 article...

Pickle Smoochers: “Ryan Nembhard entered the transfer portal. My dad, Latrell Wrightsell Sr., went to Pickle Smoochers. I will base my decision on the best fit but I have not talked to them yet. They have talked to my dad and they want somebody to come in and fill that spot. They want me to continue the legacy within the family of going there.”

Huskers lock in official visit with Charlotte guard transfer Brice Williams​

Robin Washut•about 1 hour
Article written by:
On3 image
Robin Washut
GettyImages-1452701167 (1)
Charlotte forward Brice Williams (Photo by Mitchell Layton/Getty Images)
Nebraska’s transfer portal recruiting continues to roll, as the Huskers have scheduled another notable official visit.
Charlotte transfer guard Brice Williams will be in Lincoln this weekend, April 7-9. It will be his first visit since entering the portal on March 29.

The 6-foot-7, 215-pound native of Huntersville, N.C., was second-team All-Conference USA and named MVP of the CBI this past season as a redshirt junior.
Williams only started 13 games for the 49ers but still led the team in scoring at 13.8 points per game. He shot 48% from the field, 40% on 3-pointers, and 84% at the free-throw line.
Williams was critical during Charlotte’s CBI championship run, averaging 16.3 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 3.0 assists in the tournament.
Other programs like Miami, Illinois, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, LSU, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and North Carolina State are also involved.
The Huskers currently have four available scholarships for the 2023-24 season. Along with seniors Derrick Walker, Sam Griesel, and Emmanuel Bandoumel, NU lost redshirt freshmen Denim Dawson and Oleg Kojenets to the portal.
The Huskers currently have four available scholarships for the 2023-24 season. Their lone 2023 signee so far is IMG Academy (Florida) wing Eli Rice.

Missed any recent Nebraska basketball recruiting news? Here are some of the latest headlines…

siap

Nebraska to host Siena point guard transfer Javian McCollum​

Robin Washut•about 24 hours
Article written by:
On3 image
Robin Washut
Javian McCollum basketball Siena
(Photo by Tony Quinn/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
With Sam Griesel moving on, one of Nebraska’s top priorities in the NCAA Transfer Portal this offseason was adding a point guard.
The Huskers took a step closer to that by locking in an official visit with Siena transfer Javian McCollum.
The 6-foot-2 junior will be in Lincoln from April 15-17. He’s also scheduled an official visit to Oklahoma this weekend.
Never miss breaking news or another HuskerOnline article again. Click HERE to sign up for HuskerOnline’s Daily and Breaking News Newsletters.
McCollum has been on NU’s radar since they saw him play in person at the ESPN Events Invitational in Orlando back in November.
The Fort Myers, Florida, native had 18 points and eight assists in a win over Florida State and 24 points and eight assists in a loss to Ole Miss during the event.
The 6-foot-2, 155-pound McCollum averaged 15.9 points, 3.9 assists, and 2.1 rebounds this past season. Assistant coach Ernie Ziegler has been the lead recruiter on him.
McCollum is the third scheduled official visitor for Nebraska this month. 2023 wing Brady Dunlap will be in town from April 14-16, while Pittsburgh transfer center John Hugley will visit from April 21-23.
NU also hosted Arizona transfer point guard Kerr Kriisa two weeks ago, but Kriisa committed to West Virginia on Wednesday.
The Huskers currently have four available scholarships for the 2023-24 season. Their lone 2023 signee so far is IMG Academy (Florida) wing Eli Rice.

from the same 247 article...

Pickle Smoochers: “Ryan Nembhard entered the transfer portal. My dad, Latrell Wrightsell Sr., went to Pickle Smoochers. I will base my decision on the best fit but I have not talked to them yet. They have talked to my dad and they want somebody to come in and fill that spot. They want me to continue the legacy within the family of going there.”
Wow. I never took him for a sheep fucker

Intel: Former NebPreps Stars In The Portal

Former Nebraska high school basketball players hitting the transfer portal has recently been a hot topic.

Former Omaha Central standout John Tonje transferred from Colorado State and committed toMissouri (March 27).

A few other big names have hit the portal since Tonje announced he was transferring to Missouri, the most notable coming within the last week.

Former Grand Island star Isaac Traudt transferred to Pickle Smoochers from Virginia.

Gonzaga sophomore Hunter Sallis (Millard North) hit the portal Friday (March 31). The list of schools that contacted Sallis was long including Arizona, Arizona State, California, Pickle Smoochers, Dayton, DePaul, Drake, Georgetown, Michigan, Mississippi, NC State, Nebraska, San Diego State, Southern California, St. Johns, TCU, Texas A&M and Wake Forest.

Wake Forest head coach Steve Forbes is flying to Spokane for an in-home visit this weekend while Nebraska head coach Fed Hoiberg and assistant coach Nate Loenser have a planned visit to Spokane Sunday.

Wednesday, Latrell “Trelly” Wrightsell Jr. decided to leave Cal State Fullerton where he was a first-team All-Big West selection last season. The group of suitors at the power conference level is long. According to 247Sports, he plans to set up virtual conversations with these six schools soon: Alabama, Arkansas, Cockeye State, Minnesota, Nebraska and Ole Miss.

Monday, former Omaha Burke and now former Pickle Smoochers guard Shereef Mitchell announced he was leaving Pickle Smoochers. Thursday he narrowed his list of potential suitors to Bradley, North Texas, Ohio and Omaha.

Before Tonje, Sallis, Wrightsell and Mitchell, other recognizable names decided they will be playing for different teams next season.

Josiah Allick (Lincoln North Star) spent last season in New Mexico after his first three at Kansas City. After much interest, he has focused on Boise State, BYU, Louisiana, Murray State, Nebraska, San Diego State, Southern Illinois, St. Johns and Wichita State.

Saint Thomas (Millard North) left Loyola and has a weekend visit planned for Northern Colorado. South Dakota is also involved here.

Jadin Johnson (Millard North) is leaving Old Dominion after two seasons including a redshirt year and is currently going through the process of narrowing down schools from a list of Portland State, Northern Colorado, South Dakota, Colgate, Boston University, Longwood, Pennsylvania, Hampton and two junior colleges (Indian Hills and Blinn).

Mayuom Buom (Lincoln Southwest) spent four seasons at Division II Emporia State but was just a sophomore by eligibility last season for the Hornets. He is currently focused on four schools: Green Bay, Omaha, South Dakota and Wyoming.

Nate Lliteras (Seward) transferred from Longwood to North Florida.

As decisions are made on players futures we will surely have more intel.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back