Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Nebraska v Wisconsin [NBC- 6:30pm CT] (1 Viewer)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I know I'm in my feelings right now but I just feel like I need to say this: Rhule disgusted me with his clock management on the last regulation drive by playing not to lose instead of calling his timeouts and getting more shots at a td. I don't think there are many coaches in America who wouldn't call their 1st of 3 timeouts with 40 seconds left in the 4th, but Rhule was so scared of the possibility of trusting our defense and giving the ball back to a mediocre Wisconsin that he wasted 20 seconds and we didn't get any real opportunity at going for a td as a result.
Thought about this. He went for the TD last week. Everyone fucking hated that. Over corrected and went too conservative this week.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the Braelon Allen thing was clearly a lie
I'm assuming that's why the spread made those moves toward WISC during the week - Vegas figured out Mordecai and Allen would be playing and would probably be effective.

WISC without Mordecai/Allen is an absolute dogshit team. But with both guys they're a mich better squad.

LNKinLNK

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Rhule's decision at the end of regulations was mind-boggling stupid and he deserves serious criticism. Let me paint an illustration to make it simple. Imagine we go into overtime next week and I.owa starts out with the ball. They go 3 and out and make a field goal. We get the ball. We rush the ball for 7 yards on first down. Rhule feels like we are in comfortable field goal range now and doesn't want to turn it over so we "play for the tie," center the ball on second down and just kick the field goal on 3rd down. That's is basically what we did tonight by intentionally running clock and not trying to win.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Rhule's decision at the end of regulations was mind-boggling stupid and he deserves serious criticism. Let me paint an illustration to make it simple. Imagine we go into overtime next week and I.owa starts out with the ball. They go 3 and out and make a field goal. We get the ball. We rush the ball for 7 yards on first down. Rhule feels like we are in comfortable field goal range now and doesn't want to turn it over so we "play for the tie," center the ball on second down and just kick the field goal on 3rd down. That's is basically what we did tonight by intentionally running clock and not trying to win.
I get what your trying to say but this isn’t a great comparison at all

Last edited:

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Thought about this. He went for the TD last week. Everyone fucking hated that. Over corrected and went too conservative this week.
Completely different situations. EVERYONE (except Rhule and Satt) knew, whether they admit it or not, that playing not to lose last night was the wrong call and letting the clock bleed was a horrific decision.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
I'm really not sure how Cockeye is gonna beat us when they won't be getting Mordecai's playmaking abilities. Deacon Hill is a fat fuck.

Mordecai looked like fuckin Joe Montana tonight and we still probably win that game if Alvano hits his 42 yd FG.

I'm not a kool-aid drinker by any means, I just genuinely do not know how Cockeye is going to beat this defense without a QB as good as Tagovailoa or Mordecai. Even with those QBs we still should have won both those games.

I think Cockeye's only chance is if they draw up a bunch of trick plays. Which I FULLY expect them to do. No reason for Brian Ferentz to hold anything back.

So Nebraska could lose to a bunch of flea flickers and reverses etc. But if Cockeye plays it straight up like they did vs MN and NW and Illinois, I'm not sure how they score enough to win.
Wish I had your confidence in this team. Not sure what you’ve seen that I haven’t

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
If your you want to look for reasons why we lost. Start with our 3rd down defensive play. 17 point or not, we weren’t good of that side of the ball in key situational downs.
Okay but they still held up and only allowed 17 points?? I’m not sure how the offense is getting a pass here.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
People comparing these situations are showing who the true taters are. A field goal gives you the LEAD last week with a defense that was playing lights out. The field goal last night only ties it up. 9/10 coaches take the field goal last week, while 9/10 coaches go for the win last night. Rhule did the exact opposite on both occasions. It’s mind boggling Frost level shit.

It’s not even playing for OT that was the worst part, its the way we did it. We had it 1st & 10 from the Wiscy 26 with 1:30 left and 3 timeouts and ran 4 plays. FOUR!!!! What in the absolute fuck. You marched the ball down on them and then just give up when you get inside the 30? In what world was that an acceptable decision?

Thats up there for worst coaching of the year and really makes me wonder if Rhule is an absolute dumbfuck or what. 10/10 coaches use their timeouts and try for the touchdown in that situations. Its just mind boggling.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
People comparing these situations are showing who the true taters are. A field goal gives you the LEAD last week with a defense that was playing lights out. The field goal last night only ties it up. 9/10 coaches take the field goal last week, while 9/10 coaches go for the win last night. Rhule did the exact opposite on both occasions. It’s mind boggling Frost level shit.

It’s not even playing for OT that was the worst part, its the way we did it. We had it 1st & 10 from the Wiscy 26 with 1:30 left and 3 timeouts and ran 4 plays. FOUR!!!! What in the absolute fuck. You marched the ball down on them and then just give up when you get inside the 30? In what world was that an acceptable decision?

Thats up there for worst coaching of the year and really makes me wonder if Rhule is an absolute dumbfuck or what. 10/10 coaches use their timeouts and try for the touchdown in that situations. Its just mind boggling.
Yes I agree. My point was he fucked up last week and seemingly tried to fix that and ended up fucking up in a different way this week. Super frustrating.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds