Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Nebraska v Wisconsin [NBC- 6:30pm CT] (4 Viewers)

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Okay what does that have to do with the defense??
My point is there’s plenty of blame to go around.

Special teams was terrible all around. Resulted in a touchdown for them after an 18 yard punt and 3 less points for us after a missed FG.

Our defense couldn’t stop them on 3rd down. Mordecai had his best rushing day. Everyone (including my wife) knew Pauling would get the ball on third down and defense still couldn’t stop him. Tons of broken tackles.

This was a team loss, imo.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Special teams was terrible all around. Resulted in a touchdown for them after an 18 yard punt and 3 less points for us after a missed FG.

Our defense couldn’t stop them on 3rd down. Mordecai had his best rushing day. Everyone (including my wife) knew Pauling would get the ball on third down and defense still couldn’t stop him. Tons of broken tackles.

It is amazing how you look at the box score and feel pretty good, but everything you said was true.

Special teams especially Buschini were bad. Need to make kicks, need to block that punt that Bretz came free on, etc…

The offense had plenty of warts… you good to 17 in regulation, you need to win that game in this era of football.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

The 3 phases of the game are:
1. Offense​
2. Defense​
3. Special teams​

To win in the B1G you have to win 2 out of the 3 phases. Nebraska won 0/3 phases last night so it's not surprising we didn't win the game. Nebraska needed to win STs consistently to win games this year and they haven't, so it's not surprising we're 5-6.

RE: Cockeye. Mainstream CFB fans always act shocked that Cockeye wins so many games but the reality is they win 2/3 phases 75% of the time hence why you see them win 75% of their games. Nebraska needed Buschini and Alvano to be lights out this year and they haven't got that.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I briefly had this thought but one was handing your defense the reigns with a 3 point lead against Maryland and the other was sending your 1st time starter into OT on the road.
Exactly. We've given away wins the last two weeks and no one should be ok with that. The situations are completely different and we did the exact opposite of the defensible decision in both cases.

I think Rhule was a great choice for NU, I'm behind him 100% and I completely understand him not moving on from Satt after year 1, particularly given our limited personnel. However, there is enough tape on Satt offenses to see that he won't take us where we want to go. He is what his production says he is. The sooner Rhule admits it, the better IMO.

That said, Cockeye is a toss up at home and let's go get it. Find a way.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds