Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Nebraska trying to get out of Oklahoma game 2021 - Updated 12:24 with teams being contacted (2 Viewers)

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think we’re on the right track, yes. I’m not afraid to say I feel that way and we can bookmark this and come back to it around New Years 2022.
I'm completely OK with that and have said I hope like hell that I'm wrong infinity times (yes, hyperbole).

Still can't believe that you, as an athlete, coach, and competitor, are ambivalent (at best) about this. It's pathetic.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm completely OK with that and have said I hope like hell that I'm wrong infinity times (yes, hyperbole).

Still can't believe that you, as an athlete, coach, and competitor are ambivalent (at best) about this. It's pathetic.
Who cares about culture or integrity or optics or marketing when you're 4-0, right?

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Honestly do not understand why people care about a game that happened 50 years ago. OU isn't a rival. It's a novelty for people to think about as something that used to matter decades ago. It's a rivalry in the same way that Notre Dame playing Navy is a rivalry TBH.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Yeah, the lack of acknowledgement of what OU-NU is historically probably underlies the gap in understanding why this is so despicable.
Right, if this was some other Top 10 opponent like Texas A&M it would be SLIGHTLY less lame and might fade away. But it's Oklahoma! Supposedly our sacred equal partner in the college football cosmos, on the 50th anniversary of our most famous game, the one that birthed millions of Nebraska fans across the nation, commemorating and reviving the historic rivalry two more times while our elderly legends can still take part and witness the series. We're gonna throw all THAT away for a cheap-ass win against Old Dominion? And the fanbases and college football world are just gonna give NU a pass for dipping out?? I just do not see it or respect the thought process behind it at all.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly do not understand why people care about a game that happened 50 years ago. OU isn't a rival. It's a novelty for people to think about as something that used to matter decades ago. It's a rivalry in the same way that Notre Dame playing Navy is a rivalry TBH.
I do love the combination of this post and the username

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Right, if this was some other Top 10 opponent like Texas A&M it would be SLIGHTLY less lame and might fade away. But it's Oklahoma! Supposedly our sacred partner in the college football cosmos, on the 50th anniversary of our most famous game, the one that birthed millions of Nebraska fans across the nation, commemorating the historic rivalry one last time while our elderly legends can still take part and witness the date. We're gonna throw all THAT away for a win against Old Dominion? And the fanbases and college football world are just gonna give NU a pass for dipping out?? I just do not see it or respect the thought process behind it at all.
It would still be super lame, but yeah, the context of this series and in particular, this game IN Norman, just makes such a gutless move 100% unforgivable.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

Still can't believe that you, as an athlete, coach, and competitor, are ambivalent (at best) about this. It's pathetic.

There was always going to be more than one opportunity to play good teams looking at the schedule.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can't tell if you're trolling, that's how fucking retarded this is.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
"The University of Nebraska is looking forward to playing Oklahoma in Norman on September 18th. Due to the economic devastation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic to Husker athletics and the local community, our administration did explore the possibility of adding an eighth home game this fall. That option would have helped us mitigate cost-cutting measures and provide a much-needed boost to our local economy. Ultimately, the decision was made to move forward with our game at Oklahoma in 2021. We have the utmost respect for the University of Oklahoma, and this storied rivalry, and I know our fans have been excited about this series for a long time."

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds