Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Nebraska trying to get out of Oklahoma game 2021 - Updated 12:24 with teams being contacted (2 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
If this game doesn’t happen and we start 4-0, this will all be an afterthought.
BUT WE AREN'T WINNING THE OFFSEASON!!!!!

If this happens we are literally taking some negative PR now for a win the fall.

sign me up conor mcgregor GIF by UFC

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I thought I saw an article last year or the year before that the total gross income of a home game is only like 800k or so...I may be wrong but that seems stupid given this info.
I looked it up that every game has roughly 6 mil in ticket revenue. You then add concessions and I think you get more of the TV revenue being the home team. I would have a hard time believing they have 5.2 mil in cost having a game at home vs road.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
BUT WE AREN'T WINNING THE OFFSEASON!!!!!

If this happens we are literally taking some negative PR now for a win the fall.

sign me up conor mcgregor GIF by UFC

It’s very odd that we get upset that the big ten absolutely has it out for us in terms of scheduling and gives us a tough schedule every year and then we are 10 times more angry when we try to give ourselves a scheduling break in the non-con.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
There aren't enough Michael Keaton jerk off gifs in the world for this sychophancy

Say we go 4-0 and are ranked, you’re really going to still be whining that we didn’t play OU?

Take an extended break from message boards. Cancel your RSS sub, read football stuff on TPB sparingly and you’ll find that people who don’t spend ridiculous amounts of time here aren’t that upset and won’t give two fucks if we start 4-0

Toe

Wide Receiver
Only way I can see saving face is if they're trying to reschedule it for Thanksgiving, which would be the actual 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century. Doubt it, though...

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Say we go 4-0 and are ranked, you’re really going to still be whining that we didn’t play OU?

Take an extended break from message boards. Cancel your RSS sub, read football stuff on TPB sparingly and you’ll find that people who don’t spend ridiculous amounts of time here aren’t that upset and won’t give two fucks if we start 4-0
RSS sub was canceled before yours.

We MIGHT be ranked if we were 4-0 against Illinois, Buffalo, ODU/Sisters of the Poor, Michigan St., but 3 of those 4 aren't guarantees. The only one that might be a guarantee is the one we completely emasculated ourselves to play.

We've gone back and forth plenty over the years and know enough about each other. I don't believe for a second that you think this is a reasonable move. You're way too competitive to think otherwise. The only other explanation is that you're too close to the situation and protecting people you're connected to for whatever reason. That's fine, we all do such things. In this context, it's no different than SIA and Barnstache though.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
RSS sub was canceled before yours.

We MIGHT be ranked if we were 4-0 against Illinois, Buffalo, ODU/Sisters of the Poor, Michigan St., but 3 of those 4 aren't guarantees. The only one that might be a guarantee is the one we completely emasculated ourselves to play.

We've gone back and forth plenty over the years and know enough about each other. I don't believe for a second that you think this is a reasonable move. You're way too competitive to think otherwise. The only other explanation is that you're too close to the situation and protecting people you're connected to for whatever reason. That's fine, we all do such things. In this context, it's no different than SIA and Barnstache though.

Honestly, this doesn’t bother me in the slightest that we might not play this game and it wouldn’t have bothered me if we played. I expect(ed) us to clear the bowl eligibility threshold pretty easily even when I expected we were playing OU. You didn’t expect us to be bowl eligible and I think you’ve posted we’d win 4 games in 2021. I could be wrong there, however.

That being said, why do you care this much? You’ve completely written this staff and team off and with or without this game you expect them to miss a bowl. Which places Frost squarely on the hotseat if not potentially gone. Which appears to be the result you’d like to see. So again, why do you care? You believe you’ll get what you want either way.

Nobody here now had any hand in scheduling this series.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds