Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Nebraska trying to get out of Oklahoma game 2021 - Updated 12:24 with teams being contacted (2 Viewers)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
As a fellow keeper, I imagine you can understand more than most, the devastation of an own goal.

And for the record, I never doubted the game would be played.
Ok ya morans...you've now devolved to using soccer analogies today. Time to take lap, cause you both looked like a couple of megged backs.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
AND getting screwed by the B1G, versus us appearing to screw ourselves with the optics of this is a little different.
This is the obvious difference.

No need to harp now that there's been an announcement but you'd think that shitting your pants vs someone else shitting your pants would be obvious.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Better late than never...

giphy.gif

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
So the elephant in the room question: Moos doesn’t explore this without Scott’s blessing, right? Like our HC was on board with this. Do you think maybe it’s time for Jason Peter and Scott’s cronies to stop tweeting about the players needing more attitude and toughness, etc. when we were looking to duck playing OU?

For the record, I think this was explored completely out of the self-interest of Bill and Scott and looking at the W-L column. Their fates are tied together. They need all the W’s they can get, although today probably felt like an L to them.

Economic conditions?? Moos doesn’t even live here half the year so why is he worried anout the local economy? And the reserve fund of the Ath. Dept. is still pretty robust for just coming through a pandemic.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
So the elephant in the room question: Moos doesn’t explore this without Scott’s blessing, right? Like our HC was on board with this. Do you think maybe it’s time for Jason Peter and Scott’s cronies to stop tweeting about the players needing more attitude and toughness, etc. when we were looking to duck playing OU?

For the record, I think this was explored completely out of the self-interest of Bill and Scott and looking at the W-L column. Their fates are tied together. They need all the W’s they can get, although today probably felt like an L to them.

Economic conditions?? Moos doesn’t even live here half the year so why is he worried anout the local economy? And the reserve fund of the Ath. Dept. is still pretty robust for just coming through a pandemic.
There's no way they were reaching out to replacements and Frost didn't know.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I figure Frost is still good with another losing season unless we win 2 or 3 games.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Was my question earlier. I guess I hope Frost wasn’t on board with what the finance department wanted so it was only a “soft commitment” like was said on 1620, before being run by Frost. I hope. I’d lose a lot of respect for Frost if it’s leaked that he was okay with backing out of this

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

Frost has so much pull. There’s no way he didn’t know. Dude has made bs excuses since he got here. Would it really surprise you if he tried to get out of the OU game?

Also, ask yourself this question to give a idea of how untouchable Frost is: If Bill Moos wanted to fire Scott Frost, could he do it?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can't believe some fans still try to polish this turd at every turn.

The program is a joke, it has been for a while now, and it's getting worse.
But could you imagine if we started 4-0 with wins over Beefy Bort, Buffalo, Old Dominion, and Michigan State? O man would that be some solid progress

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can't believe some fans still try to polish this turd at every turn.

The program is a joke, it has been for a while now, and it's getting worse.
You should believe it. We have great fans and the fan base is a net positive, but also a large reason why the program is currently in the state that it is. There's only accountability for those who aren't in the N crowd.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I’m still amazed that someone who was hired to lead our athletic department thought this was good idea.

I’ve already thought I couldn’t be any less excited for football, but somehow the bar just keeps being lowered.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds