Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ncaa 24 still a go for this summer (6 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Lost my first game on heisman mode to utep by 7 tuddys and Raiola threw 10 picks
first time GIF

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've heard that each school has a built in recruiting pipeline/s. Anyone know what Nebraska's are in game?

The deep dive makes it sound like a school like Florida, for example, has a built in pipeline in Florida and some other SEC states potentially. Is Nebraska's just the Midwest region or does it include historical pipelines like Texas/Missouri/California etc?

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I
I've heard that each school has a built in recruiting pipeline/s. Anyone know what Nebraska's are in game?

The deep dive makes it sound like a school like Florida, for example, has a built in pipeline in Florida and some other SEC states potentially. Is Nebraska's just the Midwest region or does it include historical pipelines like Texas/Missouri/California etc?
don’t know all of Nebraska’s off the top of my head. They’re tiered so not all pipelines are equal. They also don’t just do them by state. For instance, one of Nebraska’s is something like “SE Texas.” I’m pretty sure we also have a GA and FL pipeline.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I

don’t know all of Nebraska’s off the top of my head. They’re tiered so not all pipelines are equal. They also don’t just do them by state. For instance, one of Nebraska’s is something like “SE Texas.” I’m pretty sure we also have a GA and FL pipeline.
I was playing last night and took the Houston pipeline for my coach. I figure I'll reroll now that I've gotten some time with the recruiting system under my belt but want to make sure I upgrade my coach the right way since there's no respec. Wasn't sure which pipeline fits Nebraska best since it sounds like you can't really change those pre-existing, historical pipelines (unless I misunderstood the deep dive explanation).

My understanding is there is a baseline pipeline ranking for each school, then a modifier is added through your coaching upgrades. Not sure if that's true or not.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
So you can't create a recruit from scratch anymore in Dynasty? You have to go with what you have and recruit?

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
So you can't create a recruit from scratch anymore in Dynasty? You have to go with what you have and recruit?
Nope. Can't edit player ratings either. Or even numbers at this point although I heard that's going to get patched in. EA claims it's an NIL issue

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
I've heard Heisman mode might need a little softening.

The issue is by trying to make the game harder they create situations for you to fail. I was up 10 to zero against USC in road to glory, I kick off, it simulates the def and I then out of no where I am down by 14-10 when I get the. ball back. No idea what happened. Or they only give you plays that will fail...not enough yards gained, etc. I don't like the playbook restriction.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
I think the pipeline tiers may be a pain in the ass. From what I understand they don’t adapt so you can’t recruit your pipeline to a higher tier to compete with S tier pipelines for bluechips.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I'm sucking at recruiting. Given, as Nebraska, you're only given like 750 call points or w/e its called, but man, I'm really struggling at pulling in top tier talent. Always seems like if I lead for a 4 or 5 star, they always lock me out eventually or commit somewhere else to someone in third place.

Not to mention, it says when you're in top 5, you can schedule a visit. But I've had it locked out for me when I've been number 1, have 40 or 50 call points to schedule, but still nothing.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I'm sucking at recruiting. Given, as Nebraska, you're only given like 750 call points or w/e its called, but man, I'm really struggling at pulling in top tier talent. Always seems like if I lead for a 4 or 5 star, they always lock me out eventually or commit somewhere else to someone in third place.

Not to mention, it says when you're in top 5, you can schedule a visit. But I've had it locked out for me when I've been number 1, have 40 or 50 call points to schedule, but still nothing.
Sounds perfectly realistic actually.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot

I only target like 15 recruits at a time (mostly 4 stars and some 3 stars for need positions) and send the house on the ones most interested. Finished my first year with the #9 class and I'm not even half way through second season I already have 7 4 stars committed. Seems like it's a good strategy or else you spread points too thin.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds