Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ncaa 24 still a go for this summer (4 Viewers)

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Help me with defense/hurry up. I’m to the point of simming every game.

Edit: to be clear, I’m good on offense. Not having issues and it’s fun.

I am going to lose my mind on hurry up from the cpu. I just gave up an 8 play 1 minute 80 yard td drive. Impossible.

Last edited:

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Help me with defense/hurry up. I’m to the point of simming every game.
What’s beating you? Is it a certain type of route? Deep, short. Do you find yourself guessing the offensive approach (“I think they’re going to run shallow crossing routes) but unable to stop it? No idea what they’re going to do and always guarding wrong?

I started finding success when I was shading coverage to where I thought they’d pass… and I was right. When I was wrong it didn’t work out too well.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What’s beating you? Is it a certain type of route? Deep, short. Do you find yourself guessing the offensive approach (“I think they’re going to run shallow crossing routes) but unable to stop it? No idea what they’re going to do and always guarding wrong?

I started finding success when I was shading coverage to where I thought they’d pass… and I was right. When I was wrong it didn’t work out too well.
Honestly it’s runs up the gut going for 10 and then I finally call a blitz and they hit me for a quick pass. The issue is that once they get the hurry up rolling I feel like the 3-3-5 d has very little variation in audibles. I’ve switched to the 4-2-5 and I’m having a much better game.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Less man to man, more zone. Fewer blitzes. Pick your spots with them. I user a LB that has a zone assignment typically. Try to follow the flow of the play with him. This helps especially vs the run if you can user a LB into a good run fit. Also the sliders need some tweaking. I used this set tonight:

Here’s my stats. 15 minute quarters, 12 second accel clock. I was Utah on the road against Arizona. Difference was obviously the interceptions, but as you can see defense was somewhat possible. Two of the picks were just stupid throws. About 50 of their rush yards came on the last play of the game. I was driving to try to tie it at the end, but threw a pick on the goal line. Whole game was a battle of two fairly evenly matched teams, which is how it should be. I think I feel good enough about this set to go ahead and start a dynasty now.

IMG_5107.jpeg
IMG_5108.jpeg

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Recruiting in dynasty was kind of boring. #41 Bobby Labonte is a 6'4" 218lb HB ready to win 4 Heisman Trophies.
View attachment 39578
poker face hello GIF by Apartment Guide

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Honestly it’s runs up the gut going for 10 and then I finally call a blitz and they hit me for a quick pass. The issue is that once they get the hurry up rolling I feel like the 3-3-5 d has very little variation in audibles. I’ve switched to the 4-2-5 and I’m having a much better game.
3-3-5 and 4-2-5 are atrocious against the run. I’ve found to have the most success defensively in the 3-4 multiple playbook

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
3-3-5 and 4-2-5 are atrocious against the run. I’ve found to have the most success defensively in the 3-4 multiple playbook
Indeed. My biggest gripe is the no huddle is far too fast and efficient. Ultimately, I am going to change sliders to see how it works.

All this is prep for my online dynasty anyway so I may just sim the rest of the season to get a feel for a year of recruiting and the transfer portal. I used to love playing defense and I was very good at playing with my free safety and crashing the run or covering the middle. I can no longer play the free safety as the game stands now.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
I did offline. I did see some people say that it’s only certain games so if I sim the cu game I might be able to keep going. A lot of people were saying they think it’s an issue specifically with the early Series X consoles
I’ve played two games. 2nd one crashed midway through 4th quarter against UTEP Ps5

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve played two games. 2nd one crashed midway through 4th quarter against UTEP Ps5
Oh shit you’ve probably got the same issue as me then. I read this morning that someone thinks it has to do with the capture system on Xbox and ps5. He said to try turning off captures. But everyone’s been trying that, switching from monitor to tv, switching hdmi cords, and switching resolution from 4K to 1080p

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds