Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (7 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Mods here are far superior to their mods.

F_ft3MOW0AAVwza

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
@bbenson67 good to see you posting. I wish I could find the old Vietnam thread on tMB, so I'll share it here instead.

I attended a funeral last year for a Vietnam Vet and snapped a couple pics from his military memorial table. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 26th Marines, B Company, 3rd Platoon and participated in operation "Deckhouse 4."

He survived multiple gunshot wounds and left the Marines as a Sergeant.

Here's his letter home after being wounded.

PXL_20231021_180654273.jpgView attachment 32130
And his interview with the Journal Star after he returned home.

PXL_20231021_180735536.jpg

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
@bbenson67 good to see you posting. I wish I could find the old Vietnam thread on tMB, so I'll share it here instead.

I attended a funeral last year for a Vietnam Vet and snapped a couple pics from his military memorial table. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 26th Marines, B Company, 3rd Platoon and participated in operation "Deckhouse 4."

He survived multiple gunshot wounds and left the Marines as a Sergeant.

Here's his letter home after being wounded.

View attachment 32131View attachment 32130
And his interview with the Journal Star after he returned home.

View attachment 32132
Thanks for posting this Marine's story. What a great attitude and I was fortunate to know so many with those same qualities. Tough is an inadequate word.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
First…….this is not an attempt at one-upsmanship. @bbenson67 is the confirmed PB storyteller but I’ll put myself in the top 5, if I may.

Had my every five yr colonoscopy yesterday. Show up at the appointed time. Sat in the waiting room for 90 minutes as they were “over-scheduled” with a variety of surgical procedures scheduled.

Finally took me back to the little room, got in the $4 hospital gown and was ready to move forward. Initial nurse (Sabrina) was doing a few preliminary, routine tests and she almost immediately stated (w/ confidence) that I was in “A-Fib”. WTF?

So then the shit started. Two more nurses came in as they were already waaaaay behind schedule-wise. They saw what nurse-one saw. EKG was ordered. A-Fib was doubtful (maybe). They decided against A-Fib…..maybe.

Then they got the anesthesiologist involved. He was like “all’s good”……let’s get on with this”. Didn’t talk to me at all, no eye contact, nothing. As he turned to walk out of the room I asked him what he saw. I reminded him who’s butt was about to be invaded and he wasn’t even going to take two seconds to talk to me? Wtf? He backed down and shared that he thought everything was ok. Color me underwhelmed.

Then they called the big guy in. The Doc who has been doing this procedure forever, including each of my 7 colonoscopies, going back to 1992. He has been a life-long Colorado Puff fan and I asked him about Dieon. He responded with some random “Recruiting should be good” comment and he commented on my EKG and was quickly gone.

Tired of the indecision and ready to do this thing, I said “let’s go”. Won a bet with a 66 yr old nurse (on who was older) in the actual procedure room, went to sleep and woke up less than an hour later. Todays “amnesia” med allows you to wake up and be clear-headed waaaaay sooner than give yrs ago.

Went home and had no desire to sleep unlike the previous six butt-visits. Must admit that the whole possible A-Fib thing was a little unnerving.

There ya go. My day yesterday. See ya in 2027.

I have my first colonoscopy on Friday 🤢 so searched the board to see if anyone gave pointers. This post that came up sucks more to read now in hindsight. RIP Denny 😔

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
It was spotty. Here at the barn 3-4, where I live 6-7. Along hwy 8 they got 10-14. Where we got less snow it just rained and didn't accumulate as fast. You?
About 8. Heavy. Wet. Sucked to shovel. Kids enjoyed sledding though. Sounds like we’re in bound for some more tomorrow….and wind.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
I have my first colonoscopy on Friday 🤢 so searched the board to see if anyone gave pointers. This post that came up sucks more to read now in hindsight. RIP Denny 😔

Just had my 2nd in DEC.

It's easy

You flush out all your stored waste the day/night before and the morning of

Then they knock you out for a bit and take pics of your insides.

No problem.

Then you get a hot chick to come pick you up and take her out for brunch.

bacon bourbon pancakes.jpg

And then she plays only with your dog.

stacy n norton.jpg

As per usual.

Good luck with the procedure, you'll be fine and it's all worth it.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Just had my 2nd in DEC.

It's easy

No problem.

View attachment 32359

View attachment 32360

As per usual.

I read that as “and then she plays with your dong”

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just had my 2nd in DEC.

It's easy

No problem.

View attachment 32359

View attachment 32360

As per usual.

Thanks man!

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've had 3 and the worst thing about them is the liquid diet a couple of days prior to the procedure and the awful stuff you have to drink the night before. Do it every ten years and have your last one at 70. It really is a great screening tool and colon cancer is no joke.

Hopefully they won't find any polyps but if they do it's not the end of the world. Any polyp under 10mm is invariably benign.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've had 3 and the worst thing about them is the liquid diet a couple of days prior to the procedure and the awful stuff you have to drink the night before. Do it every ten years and have your last one at 70. It really is a great screening tool and colon cancer is no joke.

Hopefully they won't find any polyps but if they do it's not the end of the world. Any polyp under 10mm is invariably benign.
Thank you! I start the liquid diet in the morning. It’s pills now instead of a liquid for the medicine which I heard is better at least.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member

I’m on the every five-year plan. Shitty genetics.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds