Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

As your advisor, I'd strongly recommend you cash rent it to me for $150 an acre and save yourself the headache.

Your grandkids grandkids may see a return on the intial investment
As LHR's farm manager we're going to start the bidding at $250

I'm a Little late with this convo. Also didn't catch the 14,400. That's ridiculous. Had to be someone with land all around it.

Last edited:
As LHR's farm manager we're going to start the bidding at $250

I'm a Little late with this convo. Also didn't catch the 14,400. That's ridiculous. Had to be someone with land all around it.
Even tho it’s less than 20 miles away neither my mom nor me is familiar with that family….. Or who owns the surrounding land.

Even tho it’s less than 20 miles away neither my mom nor me is familiar with that family….. Or who owns the surrounding land.

Well then, obviously its Ted Turner, Bill Gates, or Elon Musk profiting on the small town folks. That's their playbook.

I hope it's obvious that this is posted with tongue quite firmly in cheek (and also possible).

I'm also unemployed right now after multiple years of hating my job for multiple reasons, so I respond in solidarity. Good luck to you.

McCook Community College is hiring…

Before you answer
himym-ted.gif

i just said im done. got in my pickup drove off. went and checked my cows the rest of the day. ive had more job offers than i can count without trying. im not cutting the guy out, i just cant work or be associated with the guy anymore.
We need to convene in a show of solidarity and celebration. Perhaps a good old fashioned Amish barn raising … or deck building. 😉

In all seriousness, I feel for you bigly, amigo. Those had to be two pretty powerful sets of emotions pulling at you. Dads - even asshole Dads - cast such a large shadow in our lives.

I’ll close with an old truism that I drilled into my kid’s heads as they were growing up:

You cannot control the events that happen to you in life, but you are completely in charge of your reaction to those events.

Your reaction yesterday set yourself on a new path, one that I have confidence will result in new and better possibilities for you and your family. If you need any support or assistance along the way, the disfunctional group of misfits ITT are here for you. You need only ask.

I've heard similar

Craziest land story I've heard was back when corn first went over $7, beans were in the upper teens.. somewhere in that area between Inwood and Rock Rapids IA area. Younger farmer buys an 80 of ground on auction before he had his finances in order, cant find anywhere that will finance him, has it to put it back on auction 60 days later. Originally gave 1.425 million, resold it for just shy of 1.7 mil.

Craziest land story I've heard was back when corn first went over $7, beans were in the upper teens.. somewhere in that area between Inwood and Rock Rapids IA area. Younger farmer buys an 80 of ground on auction before he had his finances in order, cant find anywhere that will finance him, has it to put it back on auction 60 days later. Originally gave 1.425 million, resold it for just shy of 1.7 mil.
I just love a happy ending!

The only cool story I have today is, yesterday I made the final payment on a bank loan we had to take out to cover a pile of medical bills that stacked up like shit in a horse stall from when my wife about died 7 years ago. Gonna be nice not seeing withdrawal from the account every month

The only cool story I have today is, yesterday I made the final payment on a bank loan we had to take out to cover a pile of medical bills that stacked up like shit in a horse stall from when my wife about died 7 years ago. Gonna be nice not seeing withdrawal from the account every month
You should celebrate by bending her over a counter. Oh, wait. That's YESTERDAY'S NEWS!

Congrats on the debt retirement. It feels like a balloon pulling your checkbook UP instead of DOWN every month.

We need that just to haul the shit we spread when we get together and tell stories. Hip waders are encouraged as well.
Just imagine a MLPFC Shit Posting gathering in the back room at the Twisted Tail sponsored by Busch Lattes and Skoal. Wood be glorious.

😎👍

What are the chances you and @Elizabeth Reed need a heavily used, mostly worn out shit spreader truck for your retirement farm? I'd almost pay you two to drive off with it today
View attachment 4361
My mom still has two of the original spreaders we pulled with an old red 450 when I was 12 years old. Maybe a swap would be in order. 🤣

We need to convene in a show of solidarity and celebration. Perhaps a good old fashioned Amish barn raising … or deck building. 😉

In all seriousness, I feel for you bigly, amigo. Those had to be two pretty powerful sets of emotions pulling at you. Dads - even asshole Dads - cast such a large shadow in our lives.

I’ll close with an old truism that I drilled into my kid’s heads as they were growing up:

You cannot control the events that happen to you in life, but you are completely in charge of your reaction to those events.

Your reaction yesterday set yourself on a new path, one that I have confidence will result in new and better possibilities for you and your family. If you need any support or assistance along the way, the disfunctional group of misfits ITT are here for you. You need only ask.
You are a true wordsmith, Hog. Well done.

And wishing Scotch “Happy Trails” with his new path in life. What a tough deal to sort out….

Congrats……”feels good man” gif

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back