Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

the Oregon trail, the Mormon trail, the Union Pacific transcontinental railroad and I80 (the United State’s main east/west Interstate route) all run through literally the only flat part of Nebraska (the Platte Val

this has led to a “Nebraska is flat” myth that will simply never go away
(Dark green is flat)

148984619.dkhWV7hX.jpg
I love maps like these. You don’t truly understand flat until you live in Kuskokwim Delta region in Western Alaska.

Excess inventory, or are they getting out of the "industrial arts" training business? That's a whole lotta equipment slated to head out the door.

FWIW, my second W-2 job was working for an auctioneer. Back then, those guys worked hard but played even harder. Had my first swill of Chevas Regal straight from the bottle when a group of us were huddled in a cinder block bathroom on Industrial Road when the 'naders of 1975 rolled through the Omaha metro area. Naturally, it came from a collection of Chevas bottles that Wild Willis Woodring (The Official Liquidator) kept in his lower desk drawer. Willis actually ran out into the warehouse in the middle of the storm to retrieve it and didn't think twice about taking the first pull and then passing it on to the person next to him. We all took turns thinking "this might be it" as that bottle went around the tiny bathroom holding seven scared shitless individuals.

^^^^ The epitome of random story telling a.k.a. shitposting right here, by Gawd. I'm on a roll this morning!

Excess inventory, or are they getting out of the "industrial arts" training business? That's a whole lotta equipment slated to head out the door.

FWIW, my second W-2 job was working for an auctioneer. Back then, those guys worked hard but played even harder. Had my first swill of Chevas Regal straight from the bottle when a group of us were huddled in a cinder block bathroom on Industrial Road when the 'naders of 1975 rolled through the Omaha metro area. Naturally, it came from a collection of Chevas bottles that Wild Willis Woodring (The Official Liquidator) kept in his lower desk drawer. Willis actually ran out into the warehouse in the middle of the storm to retrieve it and didn't think twice about taking the first pull and then passing it on to the person next to him. We all took turns thinking "this might be it" as that bottle went around the tiny bathroom holding seven scared shitless individuals.

^^^^ The epitome of random story telling a.k.a. shitposting right here, by Gawd. I'm on a roll this morning!

Idk the story but good lord they have a shit ton of tool chests and shelving which hopefully means I can get a few for cheap.

Hopefully @scotchfrost9697 can provide us with insider info

I guess part of me isn’t surprised. We got back from Scottsdale last night, and the Mrs. made a grocery run to Wal-Mart today. They’re “requesting” that everyone wear masks while shopping in their stores again. She said it was at least 80% compliance with that request. Here we go again! ☹️
Why are so many of you guys such wusses about masks? I sincerely don’t understand it.

I just don’t have any idea why it’s a sticking point. What’s the reason?

It's all ridiculous to me at this point.

"Wear your mask as you enter our restaurant, then feel free to remove it once seated. The plexiglass and plastic curtains randomly placed throughout will take it from there "

Edited to add I'm all for businesses having their right to implement whatever mask policies they see fit, and it's my choice to put one on and do business there or go elsewhere. It's what I love about living in a county with less than 10k pop.

It's all ridiculous to me at this point.

"Wear your mask as you enter our restaurant, then feel free to remove it once seated. The plexiglass and plastic curtains randomly placed throughout will take it from there "

Edited to add I'm all for businesses having their right to implement whatever mask policies they see fit, and it's my choice to put one on and do business there or go elsewhere. It's what I love about living in a county with less than 10k pop.
But where’s the actual harm? Why does it seemingly hurt so many of you to your core to even consider donning a mask?

Yawn...this is August 2021. It was a difficult ethical issue at that point. Fauci fucked up, but that doesn’t explain resistance today at all, unless you admit your brain is concrete instead of plastic.
Was he wrong then, or is he just following orders now? It seems follow the science tends to follow the money/politics of the time. Trump = no masks - Biden = masks. The next ice age turned into global warming and now just climate change.

For the record, I’m not anti mask and have no issue wearing one if a business or venue requires them.

But where’s the actual harm? Why does it seemingly hurt so many of you to your core to even consider donning a mask?
I was unaware I'm hurt to the core.

Has there been any evidence that the masks are beneficial to stopping or slowing spread? 90% of the ones I saw around here last winter/spring were homemade abominations.

Turns out
Was he wrong then, or is he just following orders now? It seems follow the science tends to follow the money/politics of the time. Trump = no masks - Biden = masks. The next ice age turned into global warming and now just climate change.

For the record, I’m not anti mask and have no issue wearing one if a business or venue requires them.
Turns out Fauci isn’t the one actually doing the research on masks. Shocking, I know. If that’s really the only reason people have to be complete tools toward their fellow citizens, I pity them.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back