Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

We did make it on part of Hwy 128 late in the day. Ran the La Sal loop and the last 1/3 of it was on 128. Beautiful, but hauling the camper up that route might be a bit adventurous for Mrs. LHR.

Bonus pic of Castle Valley from high atop the mountain range.

View attachment 40374

View attachment 40375
I don't remember it being too bad but I never pulled a camper through there either.

It looks like you saw a good portion of it once it breaks off from the river as your heading towards the interstate there is not much to see.

We usually take it when we have time it's a nice alternate route vs the main highway which can get a little wild at times.

I don't remember it being too bad but I never pulled a camper through there either.

It looks like you saw a good portion of it once it breaks off from the river as your heading towards the interstate there is not much to see.

We usually take it when we have time it's a nice alternate route vs the main highway which can get a little wild at times.
It ALMOST feels like we’re trending towards the offseason. Had plenty of space at Arches NP this morning, no traffic pressure anywhere, and our RV Campground is mostly empty … and it’s brand new. At least the shower house is.

Been a great trip so far. WY & ID were beautiful and our time here in Moab has certainly held that standard. A different kind of beauty, but it almost overwhelms the senses at times. Incredible topography.

It ALMOST feels like we’re trending towards the offseason. Had plenty of space at Arches NP this morning, no traffic pressure anywhere, and our RV Campground is mostly empty … and it’s brand new. At least the shower house is.

Been a great trip so far. WY & ID were beautiful and our time here in Moab has certainly held that standard. A different kind of beauty, but it almost overwhelms the senses at times. Incredible topography.
We lived there for a little over a year after the pandemic and it was busy almost the whole time so it's probably calmed down a little now.

The locals said that peak season is actually in the spring and fall due to the temps in the summer and winter.

I was surprised how cold it actually got in January-February you had to make sure you had a heated hose for your RV and wrap your water source or it would freeze.

It's pretty but we were glad to get back to the mountains for the cooler temps and scenery that wasn't all red all the time. 🤣

Appreciate you always looking out for me, friend. Hope all is well in the LHR household. Still looking out from behind the wall 👀
Aaron Tveit Peace GIF by Apple TV+

Appreciate you always looking out for me, friend. Hope all is well in the LHR household. Still looking out from behind the wall 👀
你好. Great to see you back here. What city are you in? My son's wife is from Hubei and it's great to listen to guoyu spoken so beautifully. She compliments my accent but says I sound like I'm Bei jing ren lol. My professor would be proud of that.

你好. Great to see you back here. What city are you in? My son's wife is from Hubei and it's great to listen to guoyu spoken so beautifully. She compliments my accent but says I sound like I'm Bei jing ren lol. My professor would be proud of that.
谢谢你。Unfortunately, my Pekinghua (Mandarin) isn’t much better than it was six years ago. Listening is a bit better, but can’t speak worth a damn. Technology and my better half make it too easy to be lazy. Mandarin is actually her third dialect behind her local dialect and Cantonese.

I’m down south in Guangdong, about a 2-hour train ride to Hong Kong. People here laugh at the Beijing accent (wild how people are more alike than we are different, heh heh).

Haven’t made it to Hubei/Wuhan yet, but have a few colleagues from there.

谢谢你。Unfortunately, my Pekinghua (Mandarin) isn’t much better than it was six years ago. Listening is a bit better, but can’t speak worth a damn. Technology and my better half make it too easy to be lazy. Mandarin is actually her third dialect behind her local dialect and Cantonese.

I’m down south in Guangdong, about a 2-hour train ride to Hong Kong. People here laugh at the Beijing accent (wild how people are more alike than we are different, heh heh).

Yore Mandarin is better than my igPay atinLay.

You're so right about the divide in China between the southerners and northerners and language as well as other cultural issues. A bit of, well actually a lot of northern superiority complex for about 5000 years.

Great story about my Chinese language professor at The Chinese University of Hong Kong during my junior abroad 50 years ago. He had been a tenured professor at Beijing University before the revolution. When the communists took over he went to Hong Kong instead of Taiwan because he hated Chiang Kai Shek. Go figure. Anyway, he told us he liked teaching Mandarin to Americans and British because we could acquire a proper accent. He said the Cantonese were hopeless and always sounded uneducated when they tried to speak it. Oh my!

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back