Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

homie get youself a post hole digger driller thingy

270163_bt121_stihl_-_post_hole_digger_-_1_man_small_-_photo_1.png
Back in my college days I worked for a guy with an erosion control business. Was pretty good work in the summer, made some decent money for a college kid, but worst day I ever worked was using one of those fuckers.

Part of this project we were on was to drill these small drainage tubes into a side of this hill by the railroad. Boss said whatever, this won't do shit, but will make them happy, so we're going to put these in. Problem is, it's a steep ass cliff basically, so we had to use the RR access road, boss was in the tractor, I was in the bucket of the tractor, he'd lift me up, and I'd drill into the side of this rocky ass cliff....all fucking morning. Wasn't the worst part, It was hot as fuck out that day, we started at 5:00 am and we quit at 11:00 am. I looked like I got out of the pool, drenched from head to toe drilling these fucking holes all morning.

Back in my college days I worked for a guy with an erosion control business. Was pretty good work in the summer, made some decent money for a college kid, but worst day I ever worked was using one of those fuckers.

Part of this project we were on was to drill these small drainage tubes into a side of this hill by the railroad. Boss said whatever, this won't do shit, but will make them happy, so we're going to put these in. Problem is, it's a steep ass cliff basically, so we had to use the RR access road, boss was in the tractor, I was in the bucket of the tractor, he'd lift me up, and I'd drill into the side of this rocky ass cliff....all fucking morning. Wasn't the worst part, It was hot as fuck out that day, we started at 5:00 am and we quit at 11:00 am. I looked like I got out of the pool, drenched from head to toe drilling these fucking holes all morning.

Those post hole diggers will make a man out of you.

Sounds like a miserable six fucking hours. Would rather be throwing small hay bales all day when it’s 95 out.

Sounds like a miserable six fucking hours. Would rather be throwing small hay bales all day when it’s 95 out.

It was, it was record breaking heat, and between the "Cliff and the railroad tracks there was a tree line. There was no air movement at all. The heat was unbearable by freaking 10 am.

Most of the time, the job was pretty good. Mostly flew around in a tractor seeding grass, lugging a big bale buster around and flinging hay around, flying around in the boss's Big Red 3 wheeler slinging fertilizer around.

Truth be told, if I ever decide to get out of my current career, that's what I want to do, and have contemplated focusing solely on erosion control barriers. Start up cost isn't astronomical, and you can make it back in basically a summer or so if you get enough jobs and put in work.

It was, it was record breaking heat, and between the "Cliff and the railroad tracks there was a tree line. There was no air movement at all. The heat was unbearable by freaking 10 am.

Most of the time, the job was pretty good. Mostly flew around in a tractor seeding grass, lugging a big bale buster around and flinging hay around, flying around in the boss's Big Red 3 wheeler slinging fertilizer around.

Truth be told, if I ever decide to get out of my current career, that's what I want to do, and have contemplated focusing solely on erosion control barriers. Start up cost isn't astronomical, and you can make it back in basically a summer or so if you get enough jobs and put in work.

Did you work for Ron J or someone else?

Sounds OSHA approved lol

Did you work for Ron J or someone else?
Yup. Ronnie. Good dude.

Before the move. Was actually in talks of him helping me get set up. Was basically going to lease me the equipment until I could purchase my own. Still might try to do that someday if I leave the profession.

All of that occurred on that big levee job he got.

All I know is. He got one big job on a pipeline, and made bank. 3 months of work. 1500 acres. Bid it just over a grand an acre.

I haven't used those much, but helped a family member who was putting some stuff in at his house. In clean dirt it wasn't any big deal, but we had a few holes to make in spots with some tree roots (not even near the trunks), and even with both of us manhandling it at the same time, it was like trying to hammer a nail with a live bull's horn. Got it bound up in the roots about a dozen times, too, and it held on like a pit bull. Rocky soil probably not tons of fun either.

All this harvest talk and no posts about what food and beer we are running on to get us through the season.

I just get home (left at 5am, white Anglo Saxon Protestant work ethic) and I wanna read about some food being brought out and coolers overflowing with domestic beer while I enjoy my microwaved leftovers because I haven’t eaten anything since supper last night.

B2713-DEC-398-E-4724-AD11-327-AD69-D27-B8.jpg

All this harvest talk and no posts about what food and beer we are running on to get us through the season.

I just get home (left at 5am, white Anglo Saxon Protestant work ethic) and I wanna read about some food being brought out and coolers overflowing with domestic beer while I enjoy my microwaved leftovers because I haven’t eaten anything since supper last night.

I had left over pasta for dinner. I’m drinking four roses now and about to switch to have my first IPA in about 5+ months because it’s getting colder and that means bourbon/IPAs.

All I got for ya.

Always a good night in the field when we can end with some fresh hot food from one of the wives or my mom and some cold Busch lite

Sans the RTDB hat, this portrait of "Grace" hung in our family dining room growing up. A beautifully capture moment to remind us all that we should be thankful for what we do have, not necessarily what we think we need.

Sans the RTDB hat, this portrait of "Grace" hung in our family dining room growing up. A beautifully capture moment to remind us all that we should be thankful for what we do have, not necessarily what we think we need.

If your parents or grandparents didn’t have that painting and a Birdseye picture of the farm taken sometime in the 80s up in their house….than you aren’t a real Nebraskan.

Simple as

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back