Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting (6 Viewers)

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Been drinkin' Hamms lately. Pretty good tbh

s6ocav1.jpg

Run the damn beer

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Played all them courses in High School for the Mankato Cougars which in now called Rock Hills Grizzlies. Now I sad thinking about shrinking rural Kansas towns @God is a Husker

The problem was pre-dust bowl Kansas thought it was going to become Diet Coke Ohio.

Every County should be a nice neat square that’s 700-900 Sq miles and each one will have a population of 20-50,000. (Sort I’d like Cockeye is right now)

I mean when they built hwy 36 they did the dirt work to make the entire thing a 4 lane because they anticipated there would be such a high need for it due to a large population… whoops. Cuz once you get west of @Woodrow F Call 36 highway is basically just county seats struggling to survive and a bunch of dead small towns… but God help me I love them all and I’ve been to every single town between St Francis and Marysville multiple times over the past 2 years.

Yesterday I was in Oberlin and then went to Norcator for 2 hours then we cut down to Clayton then went on to Jennings for 2 hours then drove through Dresden on or way to Selden for 2 hours and then back north through Oberlin and back to McCook. Have some great small town Kansas drama/stories that I think you guys might think is funny but I can’t get into too much detail due to attorney client priv.

So here is the TL;DR version: Local Church owns 5,120+ ac of mostly dry land crops and it has long been a tradition that ONLY members of the congregation get to be tenants and the priority goes to what member lives closest to the ground. (all oral contracts)

HOWEVA… the Church got a new pastor and he wants an actual written Contract and will pick whatever tenant is best for the church regardless of congregation membership or proximity.

So now there is a giant Mexican standoff between a bunch of farmers across 2 counties and let me tell you it’s gonna get ugly.

228994E224130C94A002C04405E5D9ADD2118EB2

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
The problem was pre-dust bowl Kansas thought it was going to become Diet Coke Ohio.

Every County should be a nice neat square that’s 700-900 Sq miles and each one will have a population of 20-50,000. (Sort I’d like Cockeyes is right now)

I mean when they built hwy 36 they did the dirt work to make the entire thing a 4 lane because they anticipated there would be such a high need for it due to a large population… whoops. Cuz once you get west of @Woodrow F Call 36 highway is basically just county seats struggling to survive and a bunch of dead small towns… but God help me I love them all and I’ve been to every single town between St Francis and Marysville multiple times over the past 2 years.

Yesterday I was in Oberlin and then went to Norcator for 2 hours then we cut down to Clayton then went on to Jennings for 2 hours then drove through Dresden on or way to Selden for 2 hours and then back north through Oberlin and back to McCook. Have some great small town Kansas drama/stories that I think you guys might think is funny but I can’t get into too much detail due to attorney client priv.

So here is the TL;DR version: Local Church owns 5,120+ ac of mostly dry land crops and it has long been a tradition that ONLY members of the congregation get to be tenants and the priority goes to what member lives closest to the ground. (all oral contracts)

HOWEVA… the Church got a new pastor and he wants an actual written Contract and will pick whatever tenant is best for the church regardless of congregation membership or proximity.

So now there is a giant Mexican standoff between a bunch of farmers across 2 counties and let me tell you it’s gonna get ugly.

228994E224130C94A002C04405E5D9ADD2118EB2
That sounds like a complete shit show. I couldn’t imagine dealing with that drama in a small town community

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The part about losing the school and the small town going from having shit that not even rural towns with 10,000+ have right anymore was too on the nose to make me feel anything but depression. (Ex: McCook only has 1 grocery store and the Walmart vs. Apparently the year I was born McCook had 5 grocery stores)

Not to mention if they think they have it bad they have no idea, because Mitchell county and Cloud county are highly populated and the county seats are thriving and they are both located very close to Salina.

my former boss was from southern Mitchell county and I have lots of old stories about how Simpson and Glasco used to be that would blow a lot of those old timers minds if a 31 year old boy from Nebraska told it to them

Sad… now I’m sad. God damnit I need a beer. Long live Rural America.
It's very depressing what is happening to the small towns in Nebraska. For me the prime example is US 136 from Beatrice to Alma. So many little towns that were, as you say, quite self sustaining even with populations as low as 1000 or 1500. Fairbury, Deshler, Red Cloud and others are mere shadows of their former selves.
I suppose there was a certain inevitability to it if there's not much future there. But it doesn't mitigate the sense of loss.

LWFloridaHusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yup. Married a girl from a nearby town. Guessing that may be a forever stop IMO.
Yeah, I’ve met her once. Can’t remember where exactly. It might’ve been at a Husker home game. Have a group text with him and another guy that’s filled with a lot of hatred of Husker football the last 7 yrs.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
When did you graduate? Know several former Mankato Cougars.

1998. Who all do you know? You can name drop. This is our safe place and I highly doubt any of them are on here.

When I worked at Home Depot in Lincoln (during undergrad) my boss was from Makato.

His name was Tanner (I think?) he was a big NY Giants fan which is so random maybe that will help ID this dude.

Great guy, of the 3 Managers I had when I worked there (Home Depot runs their stores as a triumvirate) he was by far and away the best one. Drove an old green Silverado and nothing could get him upset.

LWFloridaHusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
When I worked at Home Depot in Lincoln (during undergrad) my boss was from Makato.

His name was Tanner (I think?) he was a big NY Giants fan which is so random maybe that will help ID this dude.

Great guy, of the 3 Managers I had when I worked there (Home Depot runs their stores as a triumvirate) he was by far and away the best one. Drove an old green Silverado and nothing could get him upset.
There was a Tanner a few years behind me with the last name Imler.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Yeah, I’ve met her once. Can’t remember where exactly. It might’ve been at a Husker home game. Have a group text with him and another guy that’s filled with a lot of hatred of Husker football the last 7 yrs.
LOL. I'm in one of those, and every off-season, it trends towards too much kool-aid, and then very quickly, back to hatred. I'm not falling for it this year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds