Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

They are digging up all the cobblestone down Valentine’s Main Street

B0614265-012-A-4383-A8-F1-8-AFFEC48-DA69.jpg

aba.gif

They are digging up all the cobblestone down Valentine’s Main Street

B0614265-012-A-4383-A8-F1-8-AFFEC48-DA69.jpg

aba.gif
As far as I can tell, Deshler still has the original bricks on Main St. according to the latest picture I can find. If the link works you can see a vacant lot with trees growing out of it on the right hand side of the picture. That was where my grandpa's jewelry store was. 😢

Almost all the stores that I grew up with on my long summer visits are gone. 😢 I drove through it last summer and barely recognized it but at least the street remains intact.

One other point of interest is the building directly left of the flagpole past the intersection. That is where the first liquor by the drink in Nebraska was served following the repeal of Prohibition. There's even a plaque on the wall from the state. Let's see, a 1000 Germans and 3 bars. Yup that makes sense.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, Deshler still has the original bricks on Main St. according to the latest picture I can find. If the link works you can see a vacant lot with trees growing out of it on the right hand side of the picture. That was where my grandpa's jewelry store was. 😢

Almost all the stores that I grew up with on my long summer visits are gone. 😢 I drove through it last summer and barely recognized it but at least the street remains intact.

One other point of interest is the building directly left of the flagpole past the intersection. That is where the first liquor by the drink in Nebraska was served following the repeal of Prohibition. There's even a plaque on the wall from the state. Let's see, a 1000 Germans and 3 bars. Yup that makes sense.

Idk if it was the same bar, but deshler was the first bar I drank in, was 19 I think, we had just won the slow pitch league tournament and were celebrating at the fields there in town, ended up going up to the the bar and neither of us two young guns got carded and had a few beers. Good times

Idk if it was the same bar, but deshler was the first bar I drank in, was 19 I think, we had just won the slow pitch league tournament and were celebrating at the fields there in town, ended up going up to the the bar and neither of us two young guns got carded and had a few beers. Good times
you would never ever beat my coed team. we were legitimately fuckin good.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back