Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Just a non-political observation I've been thinking about concerning the Ukraine situation. The Ukrainian farmers and the visuals of their tractors hauling away captured Russian tanks, APCs and supply trucks, has done more to boost the image of farmers into an almost God-like tier than anything since Paul Harvey's So God Made a Farmer.

John Deere has been handed the marketing opportunity of a lifetime if done tastefully.

John Deere needs some good PR. I don't stay up on it as much as I should, and maybe I'm wrong or something has changed, but isn't just about everybody with a green piece of equipment pretty fuckin mad at JD lately?

obviously havent seen them, but lighter steers definitely should topped $2 but everything else sold pretty well.
Joe Biden What GIF by The Democrats

They are doing everything in their power so farmers can’t fix their own equipment.

The lawsuits that JD, Bayer, Monsanto, Pioneer, etc etc. bring vs farmers (usually small) are to the levels that I (and others in the agriculture law field) can’t believe politicians haven’t stepped in yet.

Of course, it’s probably because the politicians are all bought and paid for by said companies.

Ex: farmer Jim changes a few blown Fuses in his new John Deere 4 wheel drive tractor. His local AKERS gets a ping from the sensors in tractor (and GPS) that a non-authorized John Deere mechanic is “working” on the tractor. They tell corporate and corporate files a trade secrets infringement suit for $50,000,000 and a breach of contract claim for $10,000,000.

Poor ole Jim, before he consults an attorney he is offered a “deal” by John Deere. They will drop the trade secrets suit if he settles with them for the breach of contract. Jim knows a “good deal” when he hears one and quickly agrees and signs the papers he is handed.

Jim has to sell almost all of his ground and his wife had to get back her old job in town at the hospital.

“Poor ole Jim” is what the boys drinking at the Legion say.

PS: moral of the example
C54-A9597-BD14-4-EC3-831-E-C87693-DF9277.jpg

The lawsuits that JD, Bayer, Monsanto, Pioneer, etc etc. bring vs farmers (usually small) are to the levels that I (and others in the agriculture law field) can’t believe politicians haven’t stepped in yet.

Of course, it’s probably because the politicians are all bought and paid for by said companies.

Ex: farmer Jim changes a few blown Fuses in his new John Deere 4 wheel drive tractor. His local AKERS gets a ping from the sensors in tractor (and GPS) that a non-authorized John Deere mechanic is “working” on the tractor. They tell corporate and corporate files a trade secrets infringement suit for $50,000,000 and a breach of contract claim for $10,000,000.

Poor ole Jim, before he consults an attorney he is offered a “deal” by John Deere. They will drop the trade secrets suit if he settles with them for the breach of contract. Jim knows a “good deal” when he hears one and quickly agrees and signs the papers he is handed.

Jim has to sell almost all of his ground and his wife had to get back her old job in town at the hospital.

“Poor ole Jim” is what the boys drinking at the Legion say.

PS: moral of the example
C54-A9597-BD14-4-EC3-831-E-C87693-DF9277.jpg

john deere just doing their part to systematically get rid all of small farming operations

Another good run yesterday @scotchfrost9697 @Mustangblood . 2400 head.

$4-8 softer on a steer weighing 575-675, everything under that was steady to 1-2 lower. Heifer price steady across the board.

I'd rather have dick aids than sell 350 pound cows/bulls in a single sale again
Do I overthink it or did the report coming out and corn being up cause stuff to be a lower? We said when we sold tuesday we timed it decent because corn was down the couple days leading up to the sale. Just not sure how much that actually affects our local sale barns.

Do I overthink it or did the report coming out and corn being up cause stuff to be a lower? We said when we sold tuesday we timed it decent because corn was down the couple days leading up to the sale. Just not sure how much that actually affects our local sale barns.
no thats a lot of it. drought doesnt help

I’m cutting down some junk trees and ripping out a bunch of other dead trees today.

Doing it all with a little 12in dewalt chainsaw and some garden snips and the rest I’m just kinda pulling/pushing/putting my weight on to snap.

Would make my Grandpa so proud to see me working so inefficiently without any correct tools and just being too cheap/lazy and not even caring.

On days when he would “clear brush” he would usually go out with a 12 pack and come back for lunch and a cooler refill.

The speed the brush pile would be built up was directly related to how many beers were consumed.

Nebraska Male genetics remains strong

I’m cutting down some junk trees and ripping out a bunch of other dead trees today.

Doing it all with a little 12in dewalt chainsaw and some garden snips and the rest I’m just kinda pulling/pushing/putting my weight on to snap.

Would make my Grandpa so proud to see me working so inefficiently without any correct tools and just being too cheap/lazy and not even caring.

On days when he would “clear brush” he would usually go out with a 12 pack and come back for lunch and a cooler refill.

The speed the brush pile would be built up was directly related to how many beers were consumed.

i bought a 20” chainsaw the other day, have some big deads that blew over, wife thinks its hot af when i clean up the yard A7174D42-8063-4F2A-8104-9626489495E8.jpeg

Dad bought a Milwaukee battery chainsaw this winter. I’ve been impressed with it so far.

These USDA reports are a crock of shit.

Our biggest problem is the futures, traded by suits that move the market based off government projections/guesses.

Name me one thing our government runs "competenly".

Yet they're supposed to be able to accurately report and cattle on feed, guess corn acres and yield before a single planter is going in the corn belt.

Fundamentals don't mean shit anymore.

Also doesn't help the packers continue to make 500 per head.

These USDA reports are a crock of shit.

Our biggest problem is the futures, traded by suits that move the market based off government projections/guesses.

Name me one thing our government runs "competenly".

Yet they're supposed to be able to accurately report and cattle on feed, guess corn acres and yield before a single planter is going in the corn belt.

Fundamentals don't mean shit anymore.

Also doesn't help the packers continue to make 500 per head.
Well shit, when Russia invaded within a week every grain buyer, be that coop, feed yard or ethanol plant switched to the July contract while we were supposed to still be on the March. The futures price only matters so much, basis tells the real story most of the time.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back