Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Exhibit A why @LoudHogRider is one of the GOATS
cara delevingne curtsy GIF

visited by three large guys in my office today. They just walked in and stood in front of my desk and didn't say a word. I thought I'd let them speak first, but the first thing they did was all look over to the left out of my office window. That's where I saw that my car was on fire

Not gonna lie, I love this move by the mafia boys.

Perfect intimidation.

Gotta admit - it would have gotten my attention. The plane tickets - already purchased in their names - along with the knowledge of my family's names and locations would have sealed the deal for me. So long, New Jersey!

thats not as impressive today because of internet/social media you could find that stuff in 5 mins of research + 1 guy tailing the family (civilians always take the same routes and love a schedule)

I've experienced levels of this type of intimidation but just imagining 3 soldiers standing silently then looking over out the window without saying and word and you see the vehicle on fire.... POWER move, executed to perfection.

Gives me some ideas for how to handle some things....

Crazy corrupt story #2: I'm still the DSM in the Twin Cities and I get a call from my Regional VP of Sales in our Chicago-area offices letting me know that one of our sales reps in Temple, TX went "dumpster diving" in a competitor's dumpster and retrieved a green-bar printout of their top accounts, complete with tonnage and revenue. This right here tells you everything you need to know about the LTL trucking industry. Nonetheless, this is a veritable gold mine, and Art promptly starts riding my ass about an account that's serviced by our Watertown, SD operation that ships a LOT of product with this competitor. I got lucky as I happened to know all about this company and what a corrupt scumbag they had as a Corporate Traffic Manager, so I kind of fired back at my boss.

"Sure. Know all about them. They operate on a 3-year old rate base, discounted at 63% off of those three-year old rates, and the competitors bill it as FAK 50 rates (the lowest revenue per 100 weight possible under the rules of the day). So this stuff is moving from point A to point B really, really cheap, and if we were to beat those rates and secure some business from these guys, it would show up on our Profit Improvement Program (PIP) reports in the 2nd month, and our Economic Analysis Department will be sending me their new rate base, discount % and rate classification and expecting us to go in and sell that new pricing and retain the business. But wait, there's more ...

In addition to the crummy pricing on the account, the guy is a freight whore. You know those fancy, custom Winnebago's that (COMPETITOR #1) has for hauling customers to their entertainment events? Well, they simply parked one out there for his personal use. And they only haul 1/2 the LTL freight. The rest of it is hauled by (COMPETITOR #2), and since they don't have these "party buses" like the other guys do, they fly him up to Canada once a month to go fishing and make sure "Agnes Thunderblanket" is in his hut to keep him warm at night.

So what's our move here, Art? I've got unprofitable business that will cost me more than my entire $25K quarterly entertainment budget to secure and maintain. Going at this from that angle seems like a sure loser. I've got another idea.

Art: Go on. I'm listening.

Me: Well, it's no secret that the trucking industry has an affiliation with the Teamsters and most of these guys know a mob guy or two. So rather than pissing away $25K per quarter to haul unprofitable freight, why don't we pony up $10K and have the sonofabitch shot. It'll save us a bunch of money in the short and long term, and it's really going to put Randy on the map out there in SD. Word is going to get around pretty fast out there that when ABF comes to call, you'd better God damn well listen.

Art: (nothing - just the sound of the long distance lines "hissing" (analog days) ). After about 15 seconds, he finally breaks the silence and says, "Jesus Christ, LHR. I hope you're kidding. We can't do that."

Me (somewhat disappointed that I don't get to kill the guy): "Of course I'm kidding. And now that you know the whole story about these guys, I hope you're kidding, too about wanting Randy to go secure that freight. It's bad business, Art."

He agreed, thanked me for knowing what was going on in my territory, and promised that he'd never, ever call me again on something like that, then hung up.

Art remained a mentor and I considered him a close personal friend long after leaving the company and the business. Truly one of the good guys from that era. He went on to become the VP of Sales for the entire company before retiring in 2007.
“Agnes Thunderblanket”…….🤣🤣🤣

thats not as impressive today because of internet/social media you could find that stuff in 5 mins of research + 1 guy tailing the family (civilians always take the same routes and love a schedule)

I've experienced levels of this type of intimidation but just imagining 3 soldiers standing silently then looking over out the window without saying and word and you see the vehicle on fire.... POWER move, executed to perfection.

Gives me some ideas for how to handle some things....
No doubt. Given its era, those guys weren't messing around with their research and intimidation factor. I see some "below market" property acquisitions in your future. 😉

No doubt. Given its era, those guys weren't messing around with their research and intimidation factor. I see some "below market" property acquisitions in your future. 😉

not to give too much away but

the biggest issue "we" (my FIL, BILs and my wife's cousin) have right now is deciding on how to convince the York city council/zoning board to allow something (maybe also York County) and then if we get that approval we need to convince a Gretna businessman (Bryce Bares) to open a franchise on the I80 exit in York (cuz he has the rights for this brand between Lincoln and North Platte)

While not as dramatic as what @LoudHogRider experienced I owe my summer job in college to the Omaha Mob. My best friend in high school was of Sicilian descent and his father had the FHA (Federal Housing Administration) contracts for maintenance and lawn care for all the repo properties on the Near North Side in Omaha.

Long story short I became the foreman of the lawn crew that maintained 100 lawns twice a month. I was paid ridiculously well for the time, early '70s, but the story is how these contracts were arrived at. Each contract required 3 bidders minimum per the Feds and the 3 bidders were my boss, me and a guy who I supervised. How convenient. I said I don't know anything about setting up a contract or how much to request, etc. He said that's taken care of just sign the forms. It always worked out that my boss was the low bidder.

As an aside, we had an avocado green Chevy pickup full of lawn mowers and we worked every day on the Near North Side. The word went out that these 3 college age white guys in that very noticeable truck were there to clean up and beautify the hood and we never had a problem. To the contrary we had many nice older black ladies thank us for our work and they'd bring us lemonade or iced tea and home made snacks especially on miserably hot and humid days. We ate lunch in every dive bar from 24th and Lake and 30th and Ames all the way to Minnie Lusa and were treated just like locals. Different times for sure.

i cant compete with tge badassery that is @LoudHogRider & @bbenson67 so as a random thought

when you see a normal functioning decent looking guy with a fat troll of a wife do you assume he has a micropenis?
Usually from my experience from seeing kids in the Navy with BIG wives, it’s either they married the first piece of wool they ever got or they didn’t take a hard look at their mother and see the potential of them ballooning up after kids. But then again, some big girls give great mouth hugs.

Usually from my experience from seeing kids in the Navy with BIG wives, it’s either they married the first piece of wool they ever got or they didn’t take a hard look at their mother and see the potential of them ballooning up after kids. But then again, some big girls give great mouth hugs.
Great “mouth hugs” mention offered up by “Ripping Lips”. Makes sense…….🤣😎😍

While not as dramatic as what @LoudHogRider experienced I owe my summer job in college to the Omaha Mob. My best friend in high school was of Sicilian descent and his father had the FHA (Federal Housing Administration) contracts for maintenance and lawn care for all the repo properties on the Near North Side in Omaha.

Long story short I became the foreman of the lawn crew that maintained 100 lawns twice a month. I was paid ridiculously well for the time, early '70s, but the story is how these contracts were arrived at. Each contract required 3 bidders minimum per the Feds and the 3 bidders were my boss, me and a guy who I supervised. How convenient. I said I don't know anything about setting up a contract or how much to request, etc. He said that's taken care of just sign the forms. It always worked out that my boss was the low bidder.

As an aside, we had an avocado green Chevy pickup full of lawn mowers and we worked every day on the Near North Side. The word went out that these 3 college age white guys in that very noticeable truck were there to clean up and beautify the hood and we never had a problem. To the contrary we had many nice older black ladies thank us for our work and they'd bring us lemonade or iced tea and home made snacks especially on miserably hot and humid days. We ate lunch in every dive bar from 24th and Lake and 30th and Ames all the way to Minnie Lusa and were treated just like locals. Different times for sure.
Buddy of mine worked for Lanohas. They were planting trees in North Omaha. They'd get a block away and someone would pull the trees out. He did it for about a month and not a single tree was left.

Same story on the older ladies bringing them drinks though.

Buddy of mine worked for Lanohas. They were planting trees in North Omaha. They'd get a block away and someone would pull the trees out. He did it for about a month and not a single tree was left.

Same story on the older ladies bringing them drinks though.
Who in TF wants to buy a used tree that's been ripped out of the ground? Can't they stick with tearing copper pipes out of buildings and AC units? How we gonna beat global warming without trees? C'mon, man. That's just bad policy by the North Omaha thugs. Buncha checker playing sonsabitches ...

No badass story here. Had an employee who I was going to terminate on Monday at 10:01am, resign at 9:36am. At least we don’t have to pay unemployment then.

Not too get long winded, but this employee sucked. Brought on by previous management, was waiting for one hire to get licensed and then move her along. This employee thought of herself as management but had done jack shit in over a year to even come close to being maybe considered. So she got mad and left 😂

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back