Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Fall calves. Working them this week and the last group next week. Wean around the second week of February. Of course that’s the week dads going on a week long trip to Cancun so he most likely won’t get to enjoy weaning time this year.
Have you or any of your neighbors looked into/going to try the Purina Plus Value added weaning program?

do you have trouble weaning?
I wouldn’t say problems, just needing to keep a close eye on them, treat a few most years. Kinda worried about this year because of how much the temperature has been fluctuating so far this winter. Not looking forward to it going 0 to 45 back to 10 over a 3 day stretch during calving.

Can’t say I’ve heard any talk about that.

It's a wean and vaccination program Purina is starting. Follow their guidelines and use the approved respiratory, 7 way, drench/oral/injectable workers and wean minimum of 45 days. You have to use their starter feed for I believe 2 weeks (can be self feeder or run the formulation I'm your mix wagon). Most of all the merck and and zoetis products like bovishiled gold, nasal gen, inforce 3 etc are options so if you're already on a vaccine program as such the 2 week starter is the only added cost. They'll provide specific ear tags for identification/tracking because I know they really want to compile info for other stuff like carcass data, feed efficiency/conversion and what not.

I think it's a pretty solid plan. Cockeye/Missouri has had these calf programs for decades.

Back to St Francis Kansas today @Woodrow F Call

We went to the motorcycle museum and then out for lunch at the golf course. (they had a Herbie Husker and Nebraska “N” sign there)

PS: My 2 year old son has been shouting “Deeru!” (Dear-eww) which the Gujarati word for “Retard”… the wife is big time mad at me for teaching him it lol
20-A693-A0-019-F-4500-9317-9-E8-DFA5094-C0.jpg

89-B0-ED06-923-B-4156-818-A-1-C9-B318-B49-CE.jpg

Bless that man. Agent Orange was awful and I knew of two guys who suffered its side effects. One could only sweat on one side of his body and the other had several bouts of cancer but he's still with us. Chopper support crews literal lee stood ankle deep in that shit while rearming the guns and loading the poison.
It hits me in the feelers whenever someone mentions Agent Orange. My dad died of Cancer from it but the worst part is he was the one spraying it. They were told it was safe. The pilots even did a shot of it as initiation plus used the drums it came in as bathtubs when they were in the bush. Early on Operation Ranch Hand was run from the kitchen table at my dad's apartment in Saigon.

His plane Patches is in the Airforce Museum in Dayton, OH. I met with the curator who restored the plane a couple years ago. He told me there were over 2,000 bullet holes in the plane that they had to repair. They flew without colors on their uniforms or on the plane so basically everyone was shooting at them as it was a Top Secret Mission. The members were not allowed to be married or have children. The missions typically flew 10-15 feet above treeline so even soldiers on the ground were taking pot shots at them. The planes were getting so shot up they tried figuring out how to make runs with less danger. They tried Full Moon runs at night and even did runs right after planes had dropped Napalm. Nothing really cut down on everyone shooting at them as they got friendly fire and the enemy.

As a kid I can remember we were watching a war movie and I was asking him about his helmet and if a bullet would go through it or if he had ever been shot in the head. He said the didn't wear those metal helmets but instead sat on them because the last thing you wanted was a bullet coming through the bottom of the plane hitting you in the junk. I think they alter adapted the planes with more protection below the pilots seats.

A reporter did a report on my dad and Agent Orange last year. Was a wild read. He got kicked out of the Air Force because he started raising a stink about them dropping Biological Agents and how it wasn't safe. That whole thing read like a spy movie. I'll have to see if I can post the article as it wasn't published in a magazine or on a website. It was part of a Research Investigation.

It hits me in the feelers whenever someone mentions Agent Orange. My dad died of Cancer from it but the worst part is he was the one spraying it. They were told it was safe. The pilots even did a shot of it as initiation plus used the drums it came in as bathtubs when they were in the bush. Early on Operation Ranch Hand was run from the kitchen table at my dad's apartment in Saigon.

His plane Patches is in the Airforce Museum in Dayton, OH. I met with the curator who restored the plane a couple years ago. He told me there were over 2,000 bullet holes in the plane that they had to repair. They flew without colors on their uniforms or on the plane so basically everyone was shooting at them as it was a Top Secret Mission. The members were not allowed to be married or have children. The missions typically flew 10-15 feet above treeline so even soldiers on the ground were taking pot shots at them. The planes were getting so shot up they tried figuring out how to make runs with less danger. They tried Full Moon runs at night and even did runs right after planes had dropped Napalm. Nothing really cut down on everyone shooting at them as they got friendly fire and the enemy.

As a kid I can remember we were watching a war movie and I was asking him about his helmet and if a bullet would go through it or if he had ever been shot in the head. He said the didn't wear those metal helmets but instead sat on them because the last thing you wanted was a bullet coming through the bottom of the plane hitting you in the junk. I think they alter adapted the planes with more protection below the pilots seats.

A reporter did a report on my dad and Agent Orange last year. Was a wild read. He got kicked out of the Air Force because he started raising a stink about them dropping Biological Agents and how it wasn't safe. That whole thing read like a spy movie. I'll have to see if I can post the article as it wasn't published in a magazine or on a website. It was part of a Research Investigation.

I hated getting coated from the drift from 24D while spraying it from my boom at the acreage. I can't imaging taking a shot of that stuff and/or bathing in the drums it came in. Incredible story - thanks for sharing.

Your Dad and the other pilots both fixed wing and helicopter were heroes. I can't tell you how many Medevac choppers I saw shot down or damaged and yet those guys went right back in because there were soldiers, both American and Vietnamese, to save.

So many of us were basically kids. The old guys were 25 years old at least in our minds. I was 19 when I arrived in country, two years out of high school. But, we grew up fast and it became like a job. If you would have called these guys heroes they'd just laugh and say well then everybody here is a hero.

Bless the memory of your Dad.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back