Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

His Dad was a Marine Sgt in Nam and was an eventual fatality of agent orange.
Got back from Vietnam and coached High School football, was the Mayor and city manager and was also on some board/committee of the veterans association of Nebraska.

At his funeral the entire football team came and wore our jerseys. (Even tho it was out of season, the janitor got them out of storage for us earlier in the week)

Great guy, great coach, would have made you proud @bbenson67
Bless that man. Agent Orange was awful and I knew of two guys who suffered its side effects. One could only sweat on one side of his body and the other had several bouts of cancer but he's still with us. Chopper support crews literal lee stood ankle deep in that shit while rearming the guns and loading the poison.

Under Armour cold gear is the trick young man. I wear the tactical fit not compression since I'm not a ripped, hard chiseled body of a cattleman like @scotchfrost9697
Under armor cold gear is the tits IMO. One Halloween in college it was cold as fuck out and I went out to the bars as Marvin the Martian. Wore red UA cold gear tights and long sleeve top, green skirt, football helmet with a broom end on top. Kept reasonably warm bar hopping. Costume also drew the attention of a big breasted lass.

I moved to AZ
My niece graduated from AMDA in Hollywood in October and has moved to an ocean front condo in Long Beach off Ocean Blvd. Hollywood is a complete disaster area with homeless everywhere. Gower St. from Hollywood Blvd. to the 101 Freeway on ramp is solid tents. They have ruined the old neighborhood and nobody seems to give a crap.

Smart move to Arizona. Thank God Orange County is still run by adults.

My least favorite weather ever.

104 in the shade, 20 below with a minus 52 wind chill, rain or snow for three days straight, whatever else.

But wind…….fuck that shit.

My neighbors from the South (Charleston) asked me why my ancestors came to Nebraska to homestead.

It’s hotter here than Charleston

It’s colder than anywhere ever is in the South

a “low wind” day here is worse than the windiest days there

Answer: Why be a peasant in Germany when you can come here and do the same shit but own more land than aristocrats did in the old country.

I looked up the largest farm in the district in Germany my family is from and it’s only 1,975 acres (800 hectares)

Run the Damn Homestead

My neighbors from the South (Charleston) asked me why my ancestors came to Nebraska to homestead.

It’s hotter here than Charleston

It’s colder than anywhere ever is in the South

a “low wind” day here is worse than the windiest days there

Answer: Why be a peasant in Germany when you can come here and do the same shit but own more land than aristocrats did in the old country.

I looked up the largest farm in the district in Germany my family is from and it’s only 1,975 acres (800 hectares)

Run the Damn Homestead
Plus, no Carhenge in Germany…….😎

-3 right now. i think ill just wait to start the day til its 5 or so out 🥶
Days like today are great reminders to me of how cold those freight docks were when I was working my way through college in the trucking industry. Hat tip to ya for getting out there and taking care of business ... and those critters.

Days like today are great reminders to me of how cold those freight docks were when I was working my way through college in the trucking industry. Hat tip to ya for getting out there and taking care of business ... and those critters.
yesterday was miserable, @Woodrow F Call and @Mustangblood can attest. today starts off colder but overall should be a better day.

-3 right now. i think ill just wait to start the day til its 5 or so out 🥶

yesterday was miserable, @Woodrow F Call and @Mustangblood can attest. today starts off colder but overall should be a better day.

07-EDF1-F5-0025-4561-83-FB-C24-F1-CFE3474.jpg

2-C5-B79-AE-8-CD5-425-F-B9-C6-0533-F53-B3-B3-C.jpg

This morning was actually tolerable imo on account of little wind.

90% of the barns pens are under a roof and days like today are the only time you hate it, it stays colder longer being out of the sunlight, but it's always pretty fucking nice knowing it can rain 3 inches and nobody has to wear a muck/rubber boot.

One of these days you need to elaborate more on your time in the transportation industry. All the old tales from those involved in it through the 70s-90s around here have some wild stories

One of these days you need to elaborate more on your time in the transportation industry. All the old tales from those involved in it through the 70s-90s around here have some wild stories
Would you prefer tales involving corruption, mafia involvement, or something more salacious? Because that's the kind of industry it was back then. As I've often stated, I met a lot of great people along the way and I miss them, but I do NOT miss working in the trucking industry.

Cold SOB this morning. Spring calves or getting ready to wean fall calves?
Fall calves. Working them this week and the last group next week. Wean around the second week of February. Of course that’s the week dads going on a week long trip to Cancun so he most likely won’t get to enjoy weaning time this year.

Would you prefer tales involving corruption, mafia involvement, or something more salacious? Because that's the kind of industry it was "back then". As I've often stated, I met a lot of great people along the way and I miss them, but I do NOT miss working in the trucking industry.

good cover story Hog...

596.gif

good-fellas-henry-hill.gif

Fall calves. Working them this week and the last group next week. Wean around the second week of February. Of course that’s the week dads going on a week long trip to Cancun so he most likely won’t get to enjoy weaning time this year.

I totally agree with the guys moving to a higher % of their operation to fall calving.

Especially if they aren't close to the house. My cousins are dorks (@hothouse_corn as witness) but they were smart to convince my uncle to reduce the number of winter/spring calves to a level that can be kept literally right behind the barns/machine sheds and the rest do in the fall. As a kid I fucking HATED trying to find hidden calves in the winter. Some of our Herefords could be in the Taliban they hide in the canyons so good so we do them in the fall now and leave the winter for the Limousins who we rarely have trouble with birthing. (French sluts amirite fellas?)

do you have trouble weaning?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back