Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

If I was going to just go with French fries give me McDonald’s or runza. The only thing pepperjax has going for it is that they give you a ton of fries.
I'd take Pepperjax Fries 100 out of 100 times over McDonald's and runza.

We have a McDonalds and Runza in McCook and like I said, haven’t been to Pepperjax since Obama was President and Pelini was head Corch.

Got a pumpkin latte macchiato from Dunkin for the drive home. Big city life baby, north Platte has everything.

We have a McDonalds and Runza in McCook and like I said, haven’t been to Pepperjax since Obama was President and Pelini was head Corch.

Got a pumpkin latte macchiato from Dunkin for the drive home. Big city life baby, north Platte has everything.
Is that steak place still in North Platte? The one along the road from the interstate. There was a place there that would smoke prime rib once a week. It was really good. This was like 25 years ago btw.

I'd take Pepperjax Fries 100 out of 100 times over McDonald's and runza.
I don’t think pepperjax is horrible fries wise. I just prefer the other two places. I don’t eat McDonald’s much but there are a few things I like there and their fries are very good as long as they come out hot. They go to the worst fries you can have if they aren’t. I usually don’t even use ketchup with them.

Is that steak place still in North Platte? The one along the road from the interstate. There was a place there that would smoke prime rib once a week. It was really good. This was like 25 years ago btw.

Not sure what place you’re talking about.

The nicest steak place in NP currently is the Cedar Room downtown.

The NP downtown has really came back, lots of nice places to eat and shop. Gentrification is undefeated baby.

For fast food i prefer Culvers or Runza Atleast in the 308 area. They both have quality fast food and the people working there don’t make you question eating there for the most part.
Culver's is solid too. Good call.

The NP downtown has really came back, lots of nice places to eat and shop. Gentrification is undefeated baby.
Is the Depot still there? I didn’t think it was bad when I ate there around 7 years ago.

Definitely wasn't downtown. It was called Whiskey Creek or something like that. Looking at the map looks like it might be Applebees now.

Definitely wasn't downtown. It was called Whiskey Creek or something like that. Looking at the map looks like it might be Applebees now.

sip.jpg

Speaking of pumpkin flavored stuff, if you've been to Trader Joe's lately you'd think it was the only flavor available. Pumpkin flavored everything, bread, coffee, ice cream, cake, muffins. A bit of overkill but they do have one seasonal item which is worth the drive to purchase. Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Cream Liquer 25 proof. It sells out here in a couple of weeks and that's it for the year. Perfection and I don't say that very often about anything. Drink it like Bailey's on the rocks.

never heard of it, there is a place called the Switchyard tho (never been)
That’s where it was. I just googled a news article. It went out of business in 2017. The funny thing is Kearney had much better restaurants when I was in college in the early 2000s than they have now. All they add is stupid fast food chains.

I think there might only be a whiskey creek or two left. One is in Kearney and it’s not very good. The one in GI is now a pizza ranch I believe.

YUGE upgrade

best fried chicken in the world from a none chicken restaurant (sounds more specific than it is, tons of places have chicken but specialize in other foods)

YUGE upgrade

best fried chicken in the world from a none chicken restaurant (sounds more specific than it is, tons of places have chicken but specialize in other foods)
I thought the pizza ranch sucked besides the chicken. I would order their chicken to go no doubt. It’s very good. I would take Valentinos back in the day over pizza ranch when it wasn’t such a shithole. I use to love their ranch, when it wasn’t super thick like it is now, and their breaded chicken wings which they got rid of for some reason.

There's still a whiskey creek in Brookings South Dakota.

apparently they still have locations in Kearney, Norfolk, Brookings, Mitchel SD and Hays KS

I honestly thought that guy was fucking with me cuz I thought Whiskey Creek was a national chain, had no idea it was sort of local

almost my entire life I have lived in South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas.... fuck you Gandalf I'm not leaving the Shire again

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back