Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

The oldest was my roommate in college and is still one of my best friends. Assuming you are talking about the bar, though, as the Berry Farm is owned by the Schaefer’s.

Haha yep, only 2 things to ever go to roca for is the bar or berry farm.

I was in college with the girls. Partied a ton with them, my wife (GF back then) almost had a heart attack when Jordan announced she was lesbian lol

Haha yep, only 2 things to ever go to roca for is the bar or berry farm.

I was in college with the girls. Partied a ton with them, my wife (GF back then) almost had a heart attack when Jordan announced she was lesbian lol
Haha yeah lived with Jordan and her ex-fiancé too at the house on Capital Beach. Between that house and the house we lived at near Wyuka Cemetary, we hosted a lot of parties.

Haha yeah lived with Jordan and her ex-fiancé too at the house on Capital Beach. Between that house and the house we lived at near Wyuka Cemetary, we hosted a lot of parties.

Well shit man I partied in your basement by the cemetery.

I was friends with all the boys at the Gazebo house just west of the cemetery. That’s how I met all the Norris people.

Well shit man I partied in your basement by the cemetery.

I was friends with all the boys at the Gazebo house just west of the cemetery. That’s how I met all the Norris people.
We were south of the cemetery. The Gazebo house, was that like Lance, Luke, TJ, Josh, and some others? They were all a year younger than us.

We were south of the cemetery. The Gazebo house, was that like Lance, Luke, TJ, Josh, and some others? They were all a year younger than us.

When I hung out with them the house was Lance, Luke, Kuhn and Onwiler

I know TJ too, so cool that he is the big time producer man now for Nebraska radio.

The only Norris person I still talk to is from your grade. (Pence) Actually just texted me joking about how Matt Davison’s name is being floated to run if Fortenberry doesn’t run again is perfect cuz Matt Davison has no qualifications and is an attention whore. Perfect combo for the modern politician.

the pride of Gove County @Woodrow F Call @Bootleg11

25 lbs for free (just had to drive a hour south and pick it up. Saw some buddies in Grinnel and Grainfield and Oakley.

84-AF2640-EEBE-461-C-96-D5-1-D2-FBD2-B9610.jpg
I'm heading out to NW Kansas this afternoon. Have some work to do in Atwood tomorrow and then a stop in Dighton. Likely going to stay in Oakley or Colby tonight.

I'm heading out to NW Kansas this afternoon. Have some work to do in Atwood tomorrow and then a stop in Dighton. Likely going to stay in Oakley or Colby tonight.

1) what the hell you doing in Dighton? Lol

2) what you doing in Atwood? I know both Attorneys in Rawlins County (yep, they only got 2 and 1 of them only works part time cuz he has 400 cows and prefers that)

3) Only hotel worth a shit in Oakley is the Sleep Inn right by the Truck Stop (has a IHOP) and across the street from the new Sonic. My wife and I have tried to buy that hotel for 2 years but they refuse to come down on price. (They aren’t moving off $4m despite it maybe being worth $2m at the most)

4) If you decide to stay in Colby I’d suggest the Hampton. The Holiday Inn needs a total gut job renovation. I know the owners of the Comfort inn south of the interstate, same guy (Woofter) owns the Truck Stop right there with the Starbucks. Not the best hotel but the conference center is nice. The NWKS Tax school usually is there right now so if you stay there or eat at the city limits bar& grille it’s gonna be packed with accountants and tax lawyers…pretty wild and crazy crowd.

5) our favorite places to eat in those towns

Atwood: Braxton’s BBQ, Mojo coffee, my place burgers. *bonus* The Great Outdoors is the best Gun shop in all of western KS or eastern CO. Seriously check it out if you want to buy quality and way cheaper than anywhere else. Also… depends how friendly you are but maybe won’t have to file any paperwork if you got cash… na what I mean? 😉

Colby: Golden Taipei downtown is the best food in town, Tequilas down town is the best Mexican in Colby, City Limits Grille inside the comfort Inn is the best American food, J&B meat market on the north side of I70 exit has great burgers but takes forever (30 mins minimum), el dos oros is ok Mexican but more of a place to drink.

Oakley: Daylight donuts/AKA Sunshine bakery is amazing (my grandparents owned a daylight donuts in NE for 25 years and this location is amazing), Dairy King is my wife’s 2nd favorite restaurant in all of NWKS it’s straight out of Diners Drive Ins and Dives, The Bluff has the best steaks around and it’s cheap but dont expect a fancy atmosphere, also drive by the golf course… it’s the flattest golf course I’ve ever seen in my life and I grew up in the Platte Valley of Nebraska.

If you get in any trouble (legal or otherwise) just put up the bat signal. There isn’t an attorney or law enforcement officer or first responders for a 6 county radius that my wife and I don’t know. Especially after how badly Covid smashed us out here in the Outback.

Last edited:

2) what you doing in Atwood? I know both Attorneys in Rawlins County (yep, they only got 2 and 1 of them only works part time cuz he has 400 cows and prefers that)

3) Only hotel worth a shit in Oakley is the Sleep Inn right by the Truck Stop (has a IHOP) and across the street from the new Sonic. My wife and I have tried to buy that hotel for 2 years but they refuse to come down on price. (They aren’t moving off $4m despite it maybe being worth $2m at the most)

4) If you decide to stay in Colby I’d suggest the Hampton. The Holiday Inn needs a total gut job renovation. I know the owners of the Comfort inn south of the interstate, same guy (Woofter) owns the Truck Stop right there with the Starbucks. Not the best hotel but the conference center is nice. The NWKS Tax school usually is there right now so if you stay there or eat at the city limits bar& grille it’s gonna be packed with accountants and tax lawyers…pretty wild and crazy crowd.

Atwood: Braxton’s BBQ, Mojo coffee, my place burgers. *bonus* The Great Outdoors is the best Gun shop in all of western KS or eastern CO. Seriously check it out if you want to buy quality and way cheaper than anywhere else. Also… depends how friendly you are but maybe won’t have to file any paperwork if you got cash… na what I mean? 😉

Colby: Golden Taipei downtown is the best food in town, Tequilas down town is the best Mexican in Colby, City Limits Grille inside the comfort Inn is the best American food, J&B meat market on the north side of I70 exit has great burgers but takes forever (30 mins minimum), el dos oros is ok Mexican but more of a place to drink.

Oakley: Daylight donuts/AKA Sunshine bakery is amazing (my grandparents owned a daylight donuts in NE for 25 years and this location is amazing), Dairy King is my wife’s 2nd favorite restaurant in all of NWKS it’s straight out of Diners Drive Ins and Dives, The Bluff has the best steaks around and it’s cheap but dont expect a fancy atmosphere, also drive by the golf course… it’s the flattest golf course I’ve ever seen in my life and I grew up in the Platte Valley of Nebraska.

If you get in any trouble (legal or otherwise) just put up the bat signal. There isn’t an attorney or law enforcement officer or first responders for a 6 county radius that my wife and I don’t know. Especially after how badly Covid smashed us out here in the Outback.
I decided to get back into the oil and gas business. So I'm just going to go spend some time in the courthouse. I think I'll probably stretch out and go ahead and drive all the way to Colby today. Atwood in the morning and then Dighton on the way back home tomorrow. For some reason I was thinking J&B had closed in Colby. Love their burgers. Maybe I'll try Tequilas, wasn't aware of that one. I had Dairy King last time I was out that way. Pretty dang good.

I decided to get back into the oil and gas business. So I'm just going to go spend some time in the courthouse. I think I'll probably stretch out and go ahead and drive all the way to Colby today. Atwood in the morning and then Dighton on the way back home tomorrow. For some reason I was thinking J&B had closed in Colby. Love their burgers. Maybe I'll try Tequilas, wasn't aware of that one. I had Dairy King last time I was out that way. Pretty dang good.

Oh shit man, you looking at Mineral titles or what?

I haven’t been to J& B for over a year so maybe they finally closed?

If you need any legal work for any oil/gas or title work in that area the best attorney in the area for that is Steve Hirsch in Oberlin. (1 of the best attorneys in the State, probably will retire in the next 5 years or less)

If you get a DUI or busted with drugs the best attorney for that is Justin Barrett in Colby. (He is probably the best criminal defense attorney West of Topeka and east of Denver and that’s not hyperbole)

Oh shit man, you looking at Mineral titles or what?

I haven’t been to J& B for over a year so maybe they finally closed?
I am doing some lease take offs up there. I'm a independent contractor "Landman" as they call it. So a company has asked me to go up there to do some research.

I am doing some lease take offs up there. I'm a independent contractor "Landman" as they call it. So a company has asked me to go up there to do some research.

If you need anything just let me know, I’d suggest picking Hirsch’s brain in Oberlin even if not for legal advice just for random questions you might have. Dude has been there since the early 80s when Halliburton and others had 50 full time employees in Decatur County.

He has been there so long he knows everybody and has done legal work on like over half the ground in Rawlins/Decatur/Sheridan Counties

mother fucker wrote a wikipedia page

Did it all on my phone too.

I’m surprised there wasn’t more typos
Bad news amigo. Tequilas - closed, hamburger joint just north of interstate - closed and torn down, new 24/7 gas station being out there.

Decided on city limits because I had Chinese the other day. Sitting at the bar now drinking a whiskey and water. Will report back on the food. The drive into the wind sucked this afternoon. No longer going to Dighton tomorrow just Atwood and back home.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back