Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

I don’t care is somebody’s gay it’s legal and do whatever you want but what is the purpose of a gay children’s playground?

other than color theme I see nothing different than a regular children’s playground

Could be wrong, but from reading the article, I think they designed it to benefit disabled kids.

not sure, maybe? I mean all playgrounds have to be full ADA compliant now.

the news story made it seem like it was done for LGBT but they were pretty vague (for obvious backlash reasons)

story still baffles me

not sure, maybe? I mean all playgrounds have to be full ADA compliant now.

the news story made it seem like it was done for LGBT but they were pretty vague (for obvious backlash reasons)

story still baffles me
I would venture to guess there are very few ADA compliant parks/playgrounds outside the metro areas of Nebraska and building one is big news for these small towns.

might be? I'll post an update if NTV has one.

PS: Love you but you have no idea how bad you rustled my jimmies calling Hastings a small town

giphy.gif

wife found these pics at some art festival yesterday morning, the lady who had them thinks they are all from 1968

Red Willow County (McCook) wheat harvest
IMG-5127.jpg

Downtown Lincoln
IMG-5128.jpg

Downtown Omaha
IMG-5129.jpg
Cool pictures. Downtown Lincoln was so fun to go to when i was a little kid. Miller and Paine's Tea Room on the 5th floor was always a stop with my mom and the obligatory M&P cinnamon rolls and mac and cheese. Still the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had.

I might argue with 1968. Every car in the 2 pics are '50s models and many early '50s. Closer to 1958.

At least there was a downtown lol. There were some pretty cool places like the City News Bookstore, Astro Theater, the Fontenelle Hotel and the large department stores. Now it looks like East Berlin.
Not sure I understand the “East Berlin” comment. 60s-80s was a war zone in actual downtown Omaha. Spillover crime from north Omaha/ N. 24th/N. 30th, etc was affecting the downtown area from time to time.

Today, CHI Center is booked, as are the area hotels, with busy restaurants and shops. At least that’s my take when I’m back 6-8 times annually.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand the “East Berlin” comment. 60s-80s was a war zone in actual downtown Omaha. Spillover crime from north Omaha/ N. 24th/N. 30th, etc was affecting the downtown area from time to time.

CHI Center is booked, as are the area hotels, with busy restaurants and shops. At least that’s my take when I’m back 6-8 times annually.

still full of commies and ugly women

just like East Berlin

Today, CHI Center is booked, as are the area hotels, with busy restaurants and shops. At least that’s my take when I’m back 6-8 times annually.

The East Berlin comment refers to the blocks and blocks of vacant lots and empty buildings which is Omaha downtown now. I'm just saying it was a destination when I was in high school in the '60s. The kind of place you dressed up to visit. I'm also not a fan of the gigantic suburban sprawl that Omaha has become. I like cities with a core center which makes me seriously out of step with the way urban cities are now positioned.

Agree with the concern about the Near North Side but it was not top of mind when I went downtown. Our biggest issues were the traffic and parking.

The East Berlin comment refers to the blocks and blocks of vacant lots and empty buildings which is Omaha downtown now. I'm just saying it was a destination when I was in high school in the '60s. The kind of place you dressed up to visit. I'm also not a fan of the gigantic suburban sprawl that Omaha has become. I like cities with a core center which makes me seriously out of step with the way urban cities are now positioned.

Agree with the concern about the Near North Side but it was not top of mind when I went downtown. Our biggest issues were the traffic and parking.
Sadly, the reference to “blocks and blocks of vacant lots and empty buildings” describes the majority of small-mid sized towns across the state. Empty Mall spaces in ScoBlo, NP, K-Town and probably even GI.

Fucking Wal-Mart. Hate ‘em but my wife still goes there 1-2 times weekly. I maybe go in 3-4 times annually. Maybe….

Sadly, the reference to “blocks and blocks of vacant lots and empty buildings” describes the majority of small-mid sized towns across the state. Empty Mall spaces in ScoBlo, NP, K-Town and probably even GI.

Fucking Wal-Mart. Hate ‘em but my wife still goes there 1-2 times weekly. I maybe go in 3-4 times annually. Maybe….

Yup. Downtown Lincoln suffered a similar fate. That was such a shame as in a 3 block area there was Gold's, Miller and Paine's, Ben Simon's, Magee's, the women's store Goldstein Chapman which was an incredible grouping of quality stores in a town the size of Lincoln.

As an aside, my first true love was in 2nd grade with Deborah Goldstein at Randolph Elementary. Her Dad was the Goldstein in Goldstein Chapman. Missed it by that much.

Yup. Downtown Lincoln suffered a similar fate. That was such a shame as in a 3 block area there was Gold's, Miller and Paine's, Ben Simon's, Magee's, the women's store Goldstein Chapman which was an incredible grouping of quality stores in a town the size of Lincoln.

As an aside, my first true love was in 2nd grade with Deborah Goldstein at Randolph Elementary. Her Dad was the Goldstein in Goldstein Chapman. Missed it by that much.
Shoulda planted yore seed in her and hoped for a shotgun wedding……🤣🤣🤣

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back