Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

09ykpuhm6nk51.jpg
It's so weird seeing big ass fake titties on an old lady.

It's incredible how small the Nebraska world is. You know, you meet a stranger from some podunk place, ask where they're from, and you know someone or multiple people from there that they also know. Hell, you were at the same wedding reception three years ago and the other guy/gal was a groomsman or bridesmade or some shit?

I was interviewing for a job in Omaha today. The hiring manager asked me where I was from, and I replied Gothenburg. Grew up there, dad's family on both sides has been there since the 1890's.

Turns out, his wife grew up there. And her older brother was my dad's best friend when they were in high school, and is my God-parent (or Baptismal Sponsor, whateves). Dad has passed, but if they were both alive, neither of them would admit any involvement in the VW Beetle being lifted over the fence and into the swimming pool the summer after they graduated.

I called my mom after the interview and asked her about the manager's wife (and her brother). She knew the wife, but there was a big age gap. Mom told me that the year they got married and I was born their first Christmas tree was gifted to them by the wife's brother. He stole it from the front of one of the grocery stores in town. Now, He's a pastor in Imperial.

Anyways, small world. Sorry to go all @Johannes de Silentio in the fan club shit posting thread.

It's incredible how small the Nebraska world is. You know, you meet a stranger from some podunk place, ask where they're from, and you know someone or multiple people from there that they also know. Hell, you were at the same wedding reception three years ago and the other guy/gal was a groomsman or bridesmade or some shit?

I was interviewing for a job in Omaha today. The hiring manager asked me where I was from, and I replied Gothenburg. Grew up there, dad's family on both sides has been there since the 1890's.

Turns out, his wife grew up there. And her older brother was my dad's best friend when they were in high school, and is my God-parent (or Baptismal Sponsor, whateves). Dad has passed, but if they were both alive, neither of them would admit any involvement in the VW Beetle being lifted over the fence and into the swimming pool the summer after they graduated.

I called my mom after the interview and asked her about the manager's wife (and her brother). She knew the wife, but there was a big age gap. Mom told me that the year they got married and I was born their first Christmas tree was gifted to them by the wife's brother. He stole it from the front of one of the grocery stores in town. Now, He's a pastor in Imperial.

Anyways, small world. Sorry to go all @Johannes de Silentio in the fan club shit posting thread.

No need for apologies, that's what this thread is all about.

Had something similar happen last night. Live in Kansas and was at our local high school
for an event. This older couple walks by in the hallway and the guy is wearing a Nebraska jacket. Chat them up and it turns out he spent six years as a minister in my home town and knows all of my family that still lives there. His daughter was good friends with one of my cousins and his grandson is a friend of my son.

It’s definitely a small world; especially if you wear Nebraska gear.

It's sitting at 2398 pages.

It took 9 months to reach 100 pages.

It's a 6 1/2 year old thread, and has more or less been dead for 6 months
We did increase the amount of posts per page recently, so this might be the 2nd time this thread has hit 100 pages

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back