Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

MLPFC Shit Posting

Colonoscopy prep day, lads. Haven't had one in 13 years and the wife and Dr. are shaming me into submitting myself to this procedure and eradication of roughly $3K from my wallet (thanks, high deductible medical plan). A day of fasting, lots of fluids, and an evening of pooping. I have no family history of colon cancer, so this entire exercise is meant to make other's feel better about having the procedure done ... to be sure.

At least today is my regular "Amazon Prime Delivery Day", and my new buttstock cartridge sleeve for the newest lever gun also arrives today, so I'll have new toys to play with. It's important to keep us oulde dudes occupied during the day, or mischief ensues.

Welp, I'm off to stock the bathrooms. 🤢

Colonoscopy prep day, lads. Haven't had one in 13 years and the wife and Dr. are shaming me into submitting myself to this procedure and eradication of roughly $3K from my wallet (thanks, high deductible medical plan). A day of fasting, lots of fluids, and an evening of pooping. I have no family history of colon cancer, so this entire exercise is meant to make other's feel better about having the procedure done ... to be sure.

At least today is my regular "Amazon Prime Delivery Day", and my new buttstock cartridge sleeve for the newest lever gun also arrives today, so I'll have new toys to play with. It's important to keep us oulde dudes occupied during the day, or mischief ensues.

Can I send flowers?

Can I send flowers?
Guessing flushable wipes would be a more practical gift but flowers warm the heart. It’s a win either way……🤣

Today may be the day I regret not jumping on those heated "bidet" terlet seats when they were on sale earlier this year. Only a savage thrill seeker would rinse with cold water!

Today may be the day I regret not jumping on those heated "bidet" terlet seats when they were on sale earlier this year. Only a savage thrill seeker would rinse with cold water!

Bottle of water + poke a hole through the lid = manual bidet

No toilet paper, no problem.

Good luck. One of my least favorite things to do. I've had 3, all benign and I told the gastro he'd have to hunt me down for another one. Fortunately, third times the charm unless they find something.

Hmmm, a $3K deductible. Sounds like you're taking it in the ass in more than one way. I'm a bit surprised as I believe that's considered preventive medicine unless you have symptoms. A bit short sighted on the insurance company's part.

How ya doing, Squirt ??

🤣

Up at 1:00 a.m. for the 2nd round of the power juice, which they want started six (6) hours and concluded four (4) hours before arrival at the facility. Naturally, I've got an early morning procedure time scheduled. So here I am ... literally shit posting.

Good luck. One of my least favorite things to do. I've had 3, all benign and I told the gastro he'd have to hunt me down for another one. Fortunately, third times the charm unless they find something.

Hmmm, a $3K deductible. Sounds like you're taking it in the ass in more than one way. I'm a bit surprised as I believe that's considered preventive medicine unless you have symptoms. A bit short sighted on the insurance company's part.
I'd kill for a $3K policy deductible (or stroke a massively larger monthly premium check) as I'm staring at a $7,500 per person deductible. Fortunately, we don't have many medical expenses beyond our annual physical exams, so after paying these silly high insurance prices for a period of time, Golden Rule / UnitedHealthCare has extended a bonus deductible reduction to that $3K amount. Mrs. LHR had her procedure earlier this year at the same facility, and I wrote two checks to them totaling around $2,800. As Maxwell Smart (a.k.a. Agent 86) used to say, "Missed it by that much!"

Up at 1:00 a.m. for the 2nd round of the power juice, which they want started six (6) hours and concluded four (4) hours before arrival at the facility. Naturally, I've got an early morning procedure time scheduled. So here I am ... literally shit posting.

I'd kill for a $3K policy deductible (or stroke a massively larger monthly premium check) as I'm staring at a $7,500 per person deductible. Fortunately, we don't have many medical expenses beyond our annual physical exams, so after paying these silly high insurance prices for a period of time, Golden Rule / UnitedHealthCare has extended a bonus deductible reduction to that $3K amount. Mrs. LHR had her procedure earlier this year at the same facility, and I wrote two checks to them totaling around $2,800. As Maxwell Smart (a.k.a. Agent 86) used to say, "Missed it by that much!"
The lengths a former MLPFC member will go to in order to honor the transition over to our current shit-posting thread. Well done, amigo.

Can’t speak for brother @HuskerGarrett but maybe a completed colonoscopy should be a requirement for anyone who wants to continue posting ITT.

Or not……😎

The lengths a former MLPFC member will go to in order to honor the transition over to our current shit-posting thread. Well done, amigo.

Can’t speak for brother @HuskerGarrett but maybe a completed colonoscopy should be a requirement for anyone who wants to continue posting ITT.

Or not……😎

Sounds like a fair enough trade

Or not……😎

Post-colonoscopy report: 1 polyp, resected and retrieved, diverticulosis, and hemorrhoids. Gonna have to ease up on the "pegging" as maybe a weekend-only activity, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone wanna see the pics of my colon? Juuuuuuust kidding.

Give the gerbils a week off Hog gawd damn
iu

Post-colonoscopy report: 1 polyp, resected and retrieved, diverticulosis, and hemorrhoids. Gonna have to ease up on the "pegging" as maybe a weekend-only activity, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone wanna see the pics of my colon? Juuuuuuust kidding.
Glad you made it with no major issues. A little science I picked up about polyps. Any polyp under 10mm is invariably benign. However, they'll probably try to get you to come back in 5 years as opposed to the normal 10 year interval if under 70. Age 70 should be your last one.

Glad you made it with no major issues. A little science I picked up about polyps. Any polyp under 10mm is invariably benign. However, they'll probably try to get you to come back in 5 years as opposed to the normal 10 year interval if under 70. Age 70 should be your last one.
The timeline works on that one, too, amigo. He gage me the 3 vs. 5 year option, and I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and said, "Either one is fine. Medicare is buying the next one, anyways." 😁

#OuldePower

Man, there's a bunch of colon cancer in my family (both grandma's, uncle, etc...), so I had to have my first one two years ago at 45. They found 3 polyps (small, medium, and large), all of which were benign, but I'm now on the every three years colonoscopy track... Not looking forward to that for the next 20+ years!

Man, there's a bunch of colon cancer in my family (both grandma's, uncle, etc...), so I had to have my first one two years ago at 45. They found 3 polyps (small, medium, and large), all of which were benign, but I'm now on the every three years colonoscopy track... Not looking forward to that for the next 20+ years!

idk if its cuz you have a family history of it but I think they now just do the poop test for 2 years and then every 3rd year a regular colonoscopy

you might have to do every other year due to family history but still thats 1/2 the colonoscopies as you would have done prior to the poop test becoming so successful

PS: my wife would kill me for calling it the poop test, "Don't you listen to me??" yeah honey but medical words are stupid I already speak multiple languages I ain't learning no Doctor language just speak American

idk if its cuz you have a family history of it but I think they now just do the poop test for 2 years and then every 3rd year a regular colonoscopy

you might have to do every other year due to family history but still thats 1/2 the colonoscopies as you would have done prior to the poop test becoming so successful

PS: my wife would kill me for calling it the poop test, "Don't you listen to me??" yeah honey but medical words are stupid I already speak multiple languages I ain't learning no Doctor language just speak American
Oh, I see. Kinda like 2 girls, 1 cup.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back