Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Mike Leach stories (2 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Air Raid guys' call sheets are incredibly small. They run their concepts out of multiple formations and teach their QBs a simple way of reading it IMO. They'll run the holy shit out of Y-Cross, Mesh, and a couple other staples.

92, 95, etc is the pass concept. Air Raid coaches like Mumme and Leach have made 92 famous, and what most people know as the mesh concept. Leach in all reality didn't need a call sheet. The dude was a genius and could call from the hip and do it effectively. Figure out how the defense was playing you for the most part, call the concepts that hurt it. Over, and over, and over again.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Air Raid guys' call sheets are incredibly small. They run their concepts out of multiple formations and teach their QBs a simple way of reading it IMO. They'll run the holy shit out of Y-Cross, Mesh, and a couple other staples.

92, 95, etc is the pass concept. Air Raid coaches like Mumme and Leach have made 92 famous, and what most people know as the mesh concept. Leach in all reality didn't need a call sheet. The dude was a genius and could call from the hip and do it effectively. Figure out how the defense was playing you for the most part, call the concepts that hurt it. Over, and over, and over again.
Maybe I think this because I'm an absolute idiot, but it amazes me how many offenses are just like 5 things with a ton of different window dressing.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member

The plays are all designed with multiple options so they can call the same thing over and over again and it will look different each time depending on what the defense does. This also allowed them to drill the ever living shit out of the plays so they could execute them perfectly.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

It amazes me how simple, but yet hard to defend mesh is. You can probably say that about a lot of the air raid passing concepts at the end of the day...

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
The plays are all designed with multiple options so they can call the same thing over and over again and it will look different each time depending on what the defense does. This also allowed them to drill the ever living shit out of the plays so they could execute them perfectly.
Pretty much this, and that routes have conversions vs different coverages, and reason why it must be drilled so much. 92 is a great man beater, but it's also good at finding soft spots in zones because the routes can convert vs any coverage and get open.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I'll also note, Air Raid guys are notorious ass holes in sharing information, or maybe I should say more of, their info being leaked. Dude's associated with Mumme have been pricks to dudes on twitter sharing any info on their offense, especially playbooks where lawyers have slapped guys with threats of lawsuits if they don't take those copies down.

I don't think Leach was that way.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds